Need a little help

I have manged to overclock my CPU by 5%  but I cant get the memory to overclock any help would be great

This is my current spec:
Case:Corsair Osbidian 750D
Motherboard:Asrock 990FX Extreme4
CPU: Amd FX6300 six core Black Edition 3600HZ
Ram:Corsair Vengence 16GB Dual Channel @ 1600MHZ 10-10-10-27 1.5v
Graphics: 2 X Asus Gefore GTX660 1020MHZ 2GB PCI Express 3.0 HDMI Direct CU II OC runing in SLI (not clocked yet)
Sound: Onbrd
HDD: Baracuda 1TB
HDD: Toshiba 250GB
DVD: LG Lightscribe
PSU: Corsiar RM Series 650W
Aerocool X-Vision 5 Channel LCD Fan Controller

Cooling: Corsair Hydro H105 running in Push
Corsair 2XSP120mm
1 x SP120mm Exhaust
2 x SP140mm Intake

Edited by Madmullen

What have you done in the Bios?

First thing I would do is raise the processors multiplier incrementally for now and leave the memory alone completely until you reach max CPU overclock. WIth your cooling, motherboard and CPU I would expect a maximum overclock 4.4ghz or greater but nothing is guaranteed. Watch your temps, AMD procs don't like to go over 70c, some people say cooler but I haven't had any issues so far. I settled at 4.5ghz with my wifes 8300, it seemed to be the best mix of stability and speed I could do with cheap air cooling (hyper 212+). You mileage will vary. 

1600 ram like yours most likely wont take a huge overclock, I persoanlly have never really seen any really gain in a 100mhz memory overclock but go for it slowly, you could probably raise the memory voltage to 1.6 and loosen the timings to something like 10-11-11-30 (most memory is going to need some finesse and trial and error to get the timings right) and maybe get 1866 or so. 

If you need more I would suggest a guide like this one http://www.overclock.net/t/1140459/bulldozer-overclocking-guide-performance-scaling-charts-max-ocs-ln2-results-coming

Many Thanks will have check out ur link, I should be ok temp wise as theH105 is pretty good

No prob, and even with a good cooler I would monitor the temps just to be safe. I use realtemp or everest. 

• Like 1