A-10 6800k on par with Fx-8350?

http://wccftech.com/amd-apu-performance-numbers-revealed-details-launch-schedule-richland-kabini-apus-leaked/

Well gentlemen, I recently found this article online leaking the details of the Richland series release, and I was a little surprised by it. It doesn't seem like the APUs have been discussed much on the OCC. In the article, there is a series of benchmarks showing the A-10 6800k equivalent to the power of the X6 1100T and the FX-8350. Not only that but it double the 3dmarks as the i7-3770k. What is even better news is that it's coming with the HD8670 chip, which can Crossfire with the HD7000 series cards. 

As my rig is outdated, I am seriously considering purchasing one.

Any thoughts?

ok wow, ive been working to much and not keeping up with the new advancements from amd i guess,...but if this is a legitimate article, and on the up and up, then i might be buying a new more potent a-10 soon...but i have been informed by a good authority that the f2 fusion line is pretty much a dead end, so this is a surprise,....i'll look deeper into it fo sho ! ...thanks for the heads up player !!

thots: i came to this amd f2 trinity fusion setup after many years as a loyal and dedicated intel fanboy and honestly was a bit reluctant to make the switch, thinking that i would be getting less for my money with amd, but while i am getting a little bit less than the top of the line intel offerings, i have not been disappointed with the f2 build i have., kinda seems to me like amd is finally getting with the program after years of not...and if the next on-die graphics offering is the 8000 series then nice :thumbsup:

the A-series APUs are really easy to overclock too, and if you have proper enough cooling you can get some ridiculous clocks.

For example on my laptop I can undervolt it by .2v and run at 2.4GHz on all 4 cores (the advertised turbo.) The only problem is that it gets really hot when under full load, and even worse when the graphics are being used.

But with my experience with this chip, I'm very interested in these new APUs.

If the article is indeed legit, then these APU will surely find its way to my future system. Would definitely make up to be a great gaming system, especially now that those iGPUs are based on GCN cores.

Although it may be pushing it, I hope this is a sign that AMD is stepping up their A games once more. Fingers crossed.

the A-series APUs are really easy to overclock too, and if you have proper enough cooling you can get some ridiculous clocks.

For example on my laptop I can undervolt it by .2v and run at 2.4GHz on all 4 cores (the advertised turbo.) The only problem is that it gets really hot when under full load, and even worse when the graphics are being used.

But with my experience with this chip, I'm very interested in these new APUs.

yup, same here ! :thumbsup:

If the article is indeed legit, then these APU will surely find its way to my future system. Would definitely make up to be a great gaming system, especially now that those iGPUs are based on GCN cores.

Although it may be pushing it, I hope this is a sign that AMD is stepping up their A games once more. Fingers crossed.

now why not an 8890 on die apu ? awesome or what ? come on amd, let's see what you got !! :lol:

now why not an 8890 on die apu ? awesome or what ? come on amd, let's see what you got !! :lol:

When you remember how AMD have been squishing as many cores as possible into a die, I'd say it's only a matter of time.

One APU, One m-ATX board, One hell of a performance. That's the dream :D

• Like 1

I really hope this is legit. Not because I'll be buying one, but because I feel AMD really needs to get their shit together. They've made good chips for a long time, then bulldozer failed and Intel had a big lead. Competition is always good and Intel needs some opposition in the pc market. Intel's only focus these days are tablets, phones and ultrabooks. 

When you remember how AMD have been squishing as many cores as possible into a die, I'd say it's only a matter of time.

One APU, One m-ATX board, One hell of a performance. That's the dream :D

One tiny little gaming machine.

This is not all that far fetched really when you consider that A10-5800 is nothing but an FX-4300 with a graphics core added. I mean clock for clock and core for core the APUs are the same as the FX chips right now. So even an A10-5800 and keep up with an FX-8350 if the software using it is not pushing the thread count hard.

I told AMD a year ago in Vega, and they were very surprised when I said it, they should drop the FX line and focus on the APU. If they put all their research effort into this design the results would be amazing.

• Like 1

Bandwidth problem needs to be solved ;)

This is not all that far fetched really when you consider that A10-5800 is nothing but an FX-4300 with a graphics core added. I mean clock for clock and core for core the APUs are the same as the FX chips right now. So even an A10-5800 and keep up with an FX-8350 if the software using it is not pushing the thread count hard.

I told AMD a year ago in Vega, and they were very surprised when I said it, they should drop the FX line and focus on the APU. If they put all their research effort into this design the results would be amazing.

I agree, the FX line wasn't very impressive at all. I love how even the mid-range mobile APU's can run games on low graphics without problems, which means that with the new high end APU's we should be able to do light gaming at medium graphics pretty easily. Honestly that opens up entry-level gaming builds a lot.

Bandwidth problem needs to be solved ;)

what bandwidth problem is that, kindly enlighten this ignorant amd rookie,...and seriously though, if intel is gonna slide away from the removable changeable cpu market and go to all soldered down permanent cpu's then amd absolutely has my attention,,,after haswell comes and goes, it's all about amd ! ...ok there, i said it..