Top Intel Quad Tested

Bosco

yeah and it sux cuz it seems like the Extreme cpu's never really come down that much in price or at least not far enough to where we could afford one. I think it performed good but they should have paired it with a better vid card for those bench's....

yeah and it sux cuz it seems like the Extreme cpu's never really come down that much in price or at least not far enough to where we could afford one. I think it performed good but they should have paired it with a better vid card for those bench's....

Its a CPU review not a video card review :rolleyes: and to be honest putting another card in there is not going to make any difference for the CPU except at lower resolutions.

Its a CPU review not a video card review :rolleyes:

Then why are all the tests run in such a way that they are GPU limited? :blink:

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to compare ultra-high end CPUs if you're going to be limiting them with the video hardware in nearly every test. :(

yeah but still those are weak 3dmarkscores for an extreme processor..lol..maybe they shouldn't have used 3dmark at all since the review is not about the video card. how come they never use SuperPI?

There is also a cpu score in 3DMark if you look matt.....

Then why are all the tests run in such a way that they are GPU limited? :blink:

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to compare ultra-high end CPUs if you're going to be limiting them with the video hardware in nearly every test. :(

The gaming benchmarks are put in there just so u can see. Would you like us to put in 640X480, 800x600 and a 1024X768 only would that be better?

As for the other CPU tests thats exactly what they are testing the CPU.

The gaming benchmarks are put in there just so u can see. Would you like us to put in 640X480, 800x600 and a 1024X768 only would that be better?

No, I just find it sorta silly to test the games with details and AA maxed out to the point that the CPU barely affects the scores. :shrug:

It's not my review though. :lol:

Thats the idea, we want people to see the that there is barely any difference that is why we leave it that way.

Sure if you run 640X480 you will see 200+ frames in some games but I don't know anyone that plays at that resolution :lol: of course now that I have said that some OCC member is going to say I do :lol: