how do I get a 200mm Fan on my case

Hello!

I have essentailly this case Here, except mine has plexi glass on the side so you can see through it. I Have been having some concerns with my heat situation, so I bought a 200mm Fan to install on the side of the case to cool off my GPUs. However I wanted to get some opinions before i dove into this.

1) How should i cut into the side of this? i assume not a hacksaw, but other then that I'm clueless on the best device to cut through plexi.

2) I know i should just "buy a new case cheapo", but the case i want is like 150 bucks, and this fan was 17 and some change, so i would like to get this going.

3) Once its in, should it blow out or in? or does it not matter?

4) any other advice would be awesome! Thanks!

Dremel is your friend for modding anything on a computer case.

For what way the fan should blow, do you have any other case fans installed?

There is one in the front blowing in, and one in the back blowing out

There is one in the front blowing in, and one in the back blowing out

Measure out the bottom of the case. Maybe instead of installing a 200mm fan on the side maybe you can install a 120 at the bottom and save your window.

since your goal is to cool off your GPUs with a side(200mm fan), positive pressure(air going in) is the way to go.... but be aware of frequent cleaning due to dusts buildup. you have to look for filters that will fit with that 200mm fan to minimize dusts buildup at at least.

i'd rather pay someone to do the side panel cutting instead then buying the dremel, way much cheaper.

not bad with Tjj226_Angel's idea either.

but if you are going serious with case mods... worth it to grab the dremel and start practicing :thumbsup:

since your goal is to cool off your GPUs with a side(200mm fan), positive pressure(air going in) is the way to go.... but be aware of frequent cleaning due to dusts buildup. you have to look for filters that will fit with that 200mm fan to minimize dusts buildup at at least.

i'd rather pay someone to do the side panel cutting instead then buying the dremel, way much cheaper.

not bad with Tjj226_Angel's idea either.

but if you are going serious with case mods... worth it to grab the dremel and start practicing :thumbsup:

Actully, I want to my fathers house, and picked his extra dremel he had, all i need to do it but tips now :).

a fan in the bottom isnt an option, i have less then a quarter inch between the bottom of my case and the second graphics card, also, my tower doesnt rally have high standing legs.

Thanks for the advice, im gonna try something out after work today :)

Instead of taking the time to dremal a gigantic hole why don't you just get a drill with a 3/8 or 1/2 inch bit. Make your fan screw holes and Swiss cheese the panel for airflow.

Just an idea.