Creative X-Fi Titanium (SB0880)

xPETEZx

Dont do any music listening from the Media PC. Play that direct from the server to the amp via DLNA.

Its really only films & games.

Got it set on DTS connect for now, so will compare to what it was before and see which I prefer.

Games definitely much much better. Played some L4D2 and it was a big improvement having the actual games surround sound as opposed to the amp simulating it.

Watched Avatar and some TV shows and couldn't really tell the difference. So will see. However both of those where sources with surround already there. Real test will be stereo DVD rips (yes I was an idiot and use to RIP DVDs and then re-encode the audio to MP3 :blush: Not anymore! )

Watched Avatar and some TV shows and couldn't really tell the difference. So will see. However both of those where sources with surround already there. Real test will be stereo DVD rips (yes I was an idiot and use to RIP DVDs and then re-encode the audio to MP3 :blush: Not anymore! )

So when you ripped the DVD all the audio you converted to MP3?

I've never ripped a DVD before - I still prefer watcing movies on my bigscreen too much. When I asked someone to get the title screen music for me from a DVD he said you couldn't get the music by itself. Guess his ripping software just sucked. :unsure:

Yea, back when I first ripped DVDs I jsut used the default options AutoGK has. The default for audio is to convert it to 144Kbps VBR MP3.

Leasson learned!

I only really rip TV shows now, and also just set the encode to leave the audio track as is. :)

Love my sound too much :)

Dont do any music listening from the Media PC. Play that direct from the server to the amp via DLNA.

Was the DLNA easy to set up?My receiver has a Ethernet port in the back and is capable of DLNA.I have lot of music on my computer.

Yes. Either use Windows MEdia Playeres built in DLNA sharing service, or get something dedicated. I currently use Asset UPnP. I just use the free version.

Its very good.

My amp then just finds the server, and you can play all your music using the amps remote.