Orcs Must Die! 2

bp9801

Alright so basically what I have determined is that the game wants you to respec every level to adjust to the new challenges. As mentioned above, none of the traps are any good unless fully maxed, so respecing to make what works actually work is a requirments. Also, endless is a great way to get skulls. I got to round 40 on the second endless level and that netted me 20 extra skulls in addition to the 5 ones you get normally. Haven't beaten war mage yet though since I've been playing endless but having enough skulls to max every trap you use in a level is a huge boost.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so basically what I have determined is that the game wants you to respec every level to adjust to the new challenges. As mentioned above, none of the traps are any good unless fully maxed, so respecing to make what works actually work is a requirments. Also, endless is a great way to get skulls. I got to round 40 on the second endless level and that netted me 20 extra skulls in addition to the 5 ones you get normally. Haven't beaten war mage yet though since I've been playing endless but having enough skulls to max every trap you use in a level is a huge boost.

Yeah, I think you really need to respec at least once. I've beaten it on war mage but I can't seem to get 5 skulls on the last level. I haven't really tried much lately. I'm trying to get some more skulls to level some traps.

Yeah, I think you really need to respec at least once. I've beaten it on war mage but I can't seem to get 5 skulls on the last level. I haven't really tried much lately. I'm trying to get some more skulls to level some traps.

Same here I am kinda stuck on the 2nd to last level. I didn't know you can get so many skulls doing endless though. Will try that!

Same here I am kinda stuck on the 2nd to last level. I didn't know you can get so many skulls doing endless though. Will try that!

To me, endless is what makes the game. The enemies are stronger but not so much that it feels unfair. You get to experience all of the enemies in different varriations and you get to really see what you can build with a large amount of cash and time. I will say though *spoiler* brimstone is by far the best trap in the game. */spoiler* That plus barricades (which I dont really see as "traps") can make mincemeat out of any ground based enemy until round 30 or so when even medium orcs can take most traps without dying. It is "faster" to get skulls from the story missions but only if you 5 skull them the first time and never have to repeat. Otherwise, endless is the way to go.

To me, endless is what makes the game. The enemies are stronger but not so much that it feels unfair. You get to experience all of the enemies in different varriations and you get to really see what you can build with a large amount of cash and time. I will say though *spoiler* brimstone is by far the best trap in the game. */spoiler* That plus barricades (which I dont really see as "traps") can make mincemeat out of any ground based enemy until round 30 or so when even medium orcs can take most traps without dying. It is "faster" to get skulls from the story missions but only if you 5 skull them the first time and never have to repeat. Otherwise, endless is the way to go.

Brimstone is quite a good trap. I like tar as well, it just needs to be paired with another trap (preferably the swinging mace).

Brimstone is quite a good trap. I like tar as well, it just needs to be paired with another trap (preferably the swinging mace).

Tar + wall grinder + swining mace wins pretty much any level. Unfortunatly, the sorceres gets this stupid ice vent thing instead of tar. It's still quite good but not nearly as much as the tar traps.

Tar + wall grinder + swining mace wins pretty much any level. Unfortunatly, the sorceres gets this stupid ice vent thing instead of tar. It's still quite good but not nearly as much as the tar traps.

:withstupid: I was upset that they didn't give the sorceress the tar trap. The ice vent is good but a lot of bad guys get by it after it freezes the first wave. I'm still working on a my sorceress so I don't have a real good strategy yet.

edit: Just to brag a bit. I'm ranked in the top 200 on a couple of the levels with the war mage. [/bragging]

Edited by flareback

:withstupid: I was upset that they didn't give the sorceress the tar trap. The ice vent is good but a lot of bad guys get by it after it freezes the first wave. I'm still working on a my sorceress so I don't have a real good strategy yet.

edit: Just to brag a bit. I'm ranked in the top 200 on a couple of the levels with the war mage. [/bragging]

Mine on most missions is to use the charge attack and mind controll spells as the main weapon instead of traps. Works very well on endless when you get 4 mountain trolls at once since they tend to kill themselves and everyone around them. I like having the traps being a backup rather than a main defense. I have no idea if this will work in the later levels though, since I'm still only halfway through. Endless takes a lot of time :D

• 3 weeks later...