How do I backup onto another computer?

Pteroduck

Hey guys, i wanted to back up my laptop hard drive onto my hard drive on my desktop, i was wondering on how to do that?
i tried using the backup where you pick your computer but when i pick  my computer it wont let me access it.
i dont have a password on my comp yet it says," wrong credentials"
any ideas?

do you have an external drive ? ....can you connect your lappie to your desktop wirelessly ?... are they networked ?

so you can only see a fraction of your desktop C: and you're looking for your desktop F: ?.. is that correct ?....if you're using win7 or win 8 or both, you ought to be able to access all of your networked devices thru the control panel "network and sharing center" under the network and internet link..."view network computers and devices"... if you are using the home-group options and all storage devices are shared then everything ought to be seen and usable...has your desktop F: drive been seen by the desktop operating system ? is F: normally available for storage ?

so you can only see a fraction of your desktop C: and you're looking for your desktop F: ?.. is that correct ?....if you're using win7 or win 8 or both, you ought to be able to access all of your networked devices thru the control panel "network and sharing center" under the network and internet link..."view network computers and devices"... if you are using the home-group options and all storage devices are shared then everything ought to be seen and usable...has your desktop F: drive been seen by the desktop operating system ? is F: normally available for storage ?

+1, the drive is only partially shared on the network...though if you're transferring alot I'd just rip the drive out and plug it in either internally or over USB with a cheap external caddie from ebay.