Steam Daily Deals

Avinexis

Jim, on the main page of the store under all the pictures and stuff you get to lists of top selling games ect and one says specials and it lists all the current sales.

I must say I missed your earlier post on sims :lol:

2k publisher sale :happy:

Jim, on the main page of the store under all the pictures and stuff you get to lists of top selling games ect and one says specials and it lists all the current sales.

I must say I missed your earlier post on sims :lol:

2k publisher sale :happy:

That list is not accurate when the sale starts late. Also, it will list games with a 0% sale (like right now). I've tried looking through that list before when a Daily Deal was late, and it didn't help. Neither the list I've attached an image of or the Specials tab will provide sale information if it is not already on the front page, except in the case of major sales when Steam applies the discounts before updating the front page. (Not sure why they do that though.) If you look at the news section too you will see the sale on Prototype did not start, according to the news section, until 1:10pm EST, which is 10 minutes after it was supposed to.

Silly Steam.JPG

Haha that's great cant say I have seen a zero percent sale yet.

I wouldn't have a clue why either besides to say that they can pretty much do whatever they want, the still sell heaps.

Also 1:10EST who on earth starts something at such a time.... What happened to full hours or half hours.

Haha that's great cant say I have seen a zero percent sale yet.

I wouldn't have a clue why either besides to say that they can pretty much do whatever they want, the still sell heaps.

Also 1:10EST who on earth starts something at such a time.... What happened to full hours or half hours.

Honestly, I think it's just because the sales aren't started automatically. Someone has to push buttons and can be late doing so. I've seen daily deals listed in the news section before they were on the main page, and vice-versa, so not everything is connected and automated.

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box at 75% off: $4.99.

Midweek Madness:

LA Noire at 50% off: $14.99 base game or $19.99 for Complete Edition with DLC.

Orcs Must Die! at 75% off: $3.74 base game or $4.99 for the Collection with DLC. There is a Steam demo.

Got advanced warning about this one from Futuremark:

Unstoppable Gorg at 50% off: $4.99. There is a Steam demo.

UnstoppableGorg-GiantSalePoster.png

I've been focusing on other games recently, but Unstoppable Gorg is pretty fun. It's a tower defense game inspired by 1950s era movies. You put satellites in orbits around a space station/ship/planet and try to stop the incoming Gorg ships. A neat mechanic is that while the relative positions in the orbits you can place satellites are fixed, the can rotate the entire orbit if you want. The satellites keep firing when you do this, so you can keep them in range of your attacking towers.