I dropped my Sony hdr-xr350v into salt water

Fragsman

So I was in the seaside and accidentally dropped..

I cleaned as much as I could and now I'm letting it get dry.. the only i'm worried is that I heard sound of corrosion in the contacts where you place the batteries due to salt water.

I would like to put alcohol into those contacts to let it properly cleaned.

=/

ps: thx for corrections nrg

Edited by loco_frags

hahahahaha yes .. jajaajaja I speak spanish and made a mistake. I usually do with the easiest words like water (I put watter lolz)

I was at the seaside so yeah.. I didn't dropped in the sea.. but it was near it and there was a hole with salt water.

Let's see what happens when I go Sony tech service. That would be after vacations so I'm screwed.. I cannot make any videos =(

• 3 weeks later...

If they send it back to you just take it apart carefully and clean everything with denatured alcohol or electronic cleaner. Put it back together after it is clean and dry, and then test it to see if it still works. If it doesn't work then yup going to need a new one. If it does work however then bingo no new one needed.

Ya, q-tips and rubbing alcohol. I worked at a radio shack for a while, and every day in the summer we'd have to rip someone's cell apart and meticulously clean the guts. Success rate: about 75%.