RIP Nemo: OCC Loses Staff Member

Bosco

As Dale's brother I just wanted to respond personally and on behalf of his family to all of the kind and gracious posts in this forum.  It is a huge encouragement to see his legacy unfolding as we navigate all of this.  Thank you to each and every one who took the time to share with a post.

I'm sorry for your loss.  Dale was part of the glue that held this place together, and his integrity as a person was obvious to all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just logged in to the forum today for the first time in months, and found it unusual that Troy (bp) was posting the hardware roundups. I thought that Dale might have left the staff.

It goes without saying that I am shocked to hear about Dale after finding this thread.

Dale first recruited me into the News Team in 2009. He was a great leader of the News Staff, always supportive, understanding and willing to help, regardless of his own work and personal commitments. He was a dedicated and respected member of the OCC community and staff, and he will be missed greatly.

RIP Dale. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

RIP. Seems every time I come back to OCC another staff member is lost :(

I blame Dave. :P

In all seriousness, I liked Nemo a lot. It's sad to hear this news after coming back. :(

• 2 months later...

I feel ashamed that I have been away from the community so long and have not seen this. Personally having working with Nemo when I was a News Editor long ago, I have the deepest respect for him as an individual.

I am very sorry for his loss to his friends and family, as well as this community. May he Rest In Peace.

• 2 years later...