• Audio Card
    • Networking (wired or wireless)
    • Case
    • Cooling
    • Monitor
    • Keyboard
    • Mouse
    • Other

Hello OCC, this week on OCC Poll we want to know what your next upgrade will be for your pc? Will it be a new set of RAM or will it be a new video card?

Let us know on OCC Poll!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully my platform remains solid so that I don't need to upgrade due to hardware failure...but ideally I'd like to move up from 1920x1200 to 2560x1440 (or go all the way to 2560x1600) which would also probably necessitate another 7950 or just a stronger single card (though not too much better could I go, without spending a lot of money)

I am in the process of slowly building a Haswell 4770K gaming machine. Right now I am modding a Prodigy case to hold the new build. The modding I am doing involves the removal of this stupid arms from the case. Once they are off however, an easy thing to do, the case has no PSU intake clearance and these ugly holes on the side.

The case feet issues I have solved with a set of Sorborthane Hemisphere Isolation Feet, the 2" models will give 1" of case lift. The holes from the arm mounting are being experiemented with though I think I have a final solution. We are using some car trim to fill in the area. Once this is resolved the build will finally begin.

New CPU and motherboard for sure. Getting to be that time where I retire my 1075T and pick up something new, probably an i5 4670K.

Noooo, if my friend is still playing games handily with his C2D you can still get buy with a Phenom II X6 :P.

"Punch, Kick...it's all in your Mind."

New CPU and motherboard for sure. Getting to be that time where I retire my 1075T and pick up something new, probably an i5 4670K.

Noooo, if my friend is still playing games handily with his C2D you can still get buy with a Phenom II X6 :P.

I said getting to be that time. :P And not everyone can milk out ancient hardware like you. If you didn't win that 5970, I don't think you'd have ever left the 4870x2. :lol:

Just ordered my new Mobo, CPU and Memory today!

Asus Maximus VI Hero

G.skill trident 2x8gb kit

When I complete the setup, I'll be putting my old stuff on the market for those of you interested.

I said getting to be that time. :P And not everyone can milk out ancient hardware like you. If you didn't win that 5970, I don't think you'd have ever left the 4870x2. :lol:

You right :D (though I'd probably still upgrade since it seems every new Elder Scrolls release has me upgrading my graphics card...Oblivion was the reason I ditched my 9800PRO and got an X850XT)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Dual Band router with USB and gigabit switch.  Sticking with TP-Link.  I have to say that this has been the most reliable brand I have ever owned.  First time I am upgrading without the current one dying.