Stonerboy's m-ATX build (Arcade Cab Edn)

Stonerboy779

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the OP and then under the heading Goal in bold and large letters :P

I'm on mobile OCC and lazy... but I read it anyway. :lol:

I always wanted to do a build like this for myself strictly for music and or movies. So sick, good job SB!

Piece of . is not longer a piece of .! =P

I'd love to be the proud owner of that thing XD

For the measly sum of $2k plus shipping you could be ;) haha

You should definitely try and do some modding its so fun and rewarding the only real pita is removing and then putting back all the rivets, when pulling down and remaking the case. I literally had about 30 rivets to remove from this pos. However the final product has come up pretty damn great.

I'm on mobile OCC and lazy... but I read it anyway. :lol:

I always wanted to do a build like this for myself strictly for music and or movies. So sick, good job SB!

Do it then :P and thanks haha

This was at one point going to hold all the music and movies but that job has be delegated to a different computer and this one will work really as just another back up for the music collection.

For the measly sum of $2k plus shipping you could be ;) haha

You should definitely try and do some modding its so fun and rewarding the only real pita is removing and then putting back all the rivets, when pulling down and remaking the case. I literally had about 30 rivets to remove from this pos. However the final product has come up pretty damn great.

Do it then :P and thanks haha

This was at one point going to hold all the music and movies but that job has be delegated to a different computer and this one will work really as just another back up for the music collection.

My brains like "hell yeah!", but my wallets like "yeah OKAY bro". Build thread's always make me wish a pile of cash would just fall in my lap. :lol:

My brains like "hell yeah!", but my wallets like "yeah OKAY bro". Build thread's always make me wish a pile of cash would just fall in my lap. :lol:

it can be very cheap too you know :P

An i3-540, bottom end mobo, 212 + cooler, generic kingston ram 4gb, generic case, 1tb wd green, gtx 560, lotsa fans and a rad shroud then some lights the build only costs about $800AUD so much cheaper in the us

An i3-540, bottom end mobo, 212 + cooler, generic kingston ram 4gb, generic case, 1tb wd green, gtx 560, lotsa fans and a rad shroud then some lights the build only costs about $800AUD so much cheaper in the us

Once I get my daily driver for school 100% reliable, back to PC addiction! :)

THE BLUE, IT BURNS :woot:

And more blue is coming along with 5m of carpon fiber vynal wrap haha.

order lists for the coming days...

4x - Premium Button Red

16x - Premium Button Blue

4x - Premium Button White

2x - Player 1 Button

2x - Player 2 Button

2x - Sanwa Balltop Joystick - Black

2x - Sanwa Bat Top Joystick - Black

2x - Illuminated Coin Button Blue

5m - 60cm wide Carbon Fiber Overlay

1x - I-PAC2 Keyboard Encoder with USB Converter

~$300 (it is enough stuff tho to make two sets of controllers and wrap an arcade cabinet in carbon fiber overlay tho)

2x - Electronic Coin Mechanisms

Assorted pre crimped wiring harnesses

~$50

Tell me about it...

Imagine with this high aussie dollar that newegg shipped to Aus at a decent rate.

On another note when is your next update muchoman....it seems stoner has stolen the show

Edited by makarov

Where is the carbon fiber coming from? I'm trying to source a decent bit

And arcade parts site I will let you know what the quality is like when I get some.

ATM I don't care if its shit cos its better than the current finish on the cabinet.

In regards to price its $20 a meter and is 600mm wide and is posted in a tube at a flat rate of $10 auswide.

I will take a heap of macro shots to show the quality whatever it may be.