Roccat Kave static/buzzing

Eduard

Yeah Puck, I only disconnected the front audio, not the front usb ports. I will look into that in the morning.
As for the cable management; I moved around the power cables and put in a new sata one as I was also installing a new hdd, so I took the oppertunity to clean up the case a little.

And as I said before this somehow managed to stop the relativly loud buzzing only leaving the hiss. though I'm still not really sure how.

Update for anyone who is still watching this:

I have determined that the underlying background noise is from the inline usb amp as it only occurs when soley the usb is plugged in. I have checked this on both my PC and two laptops (one charging and the other charging/battery). Finding this out, I am going to return the headset and try receive a refund.

Edited by Eduard

• 2 weeks later...

Last update:

I have got a confirmed refund for this product, though the store claims that this is a problem that will occur with all usb powered heasets.

I am unsure as to if that is true as this may have just been the noise cancelling that was particuarly noisy. But regardless the heaset has been sent back and I am waiting for the refund to come in now.

I hope that this topic has helped anyone who is looking into getting the Roccat Kave. They had fantastic sound but the low level static/noise cancellation was not agreeing with me.

Eduard

Edited by Eduard

• 1 year later...

Everyone, if someone is reading this with Roccat Kaves and got the buzzing/static noise, good! Because i got a solution to that, and it dont cost you anything! Just turn down all your mixer volumes on Kave. No more buzzing noise!!!  (SUB CAN BE ON)

• 2 weeks later...

Normally, I'd reprimand you for digging up such an old thread, but since this was your first post and is a relevant response, I'll let it slide. And welcome to OCC. Just remember: Don't touch the Llamas

On a side note, I had these headphones and I did have the same buzzing problem. (have the new kave xtd now, thanks to my roommate's cats breaking them) As I recall the solution I ended up coming upon was to install a completely different audio driver. I dont remember which one, but it wasnt the one that is supposed to be for those headphones. 

Everyone, if someone is reading this with Roccat Kaves and got the buzzing/static noise, good! Because i got a solution to that, and it dont cost you anything! Just turn down all your mixer volumes on Kave. No more buzzing noise!!!  (SUB CAN BE ON)

I just got the same headset, and I have the same problem. I can confrim that turning down the mixer volumes does absolutely nothing to reduce the background hiss. I am using a Xonar DX soundcard already. My last 5.1 headphones did not have this problem, but they broke and they are discontinued. I bought a separate USB power that plugs into the wall, it should be clean power but it also does nothing to change the background hiss. I am satisfied that the problem is with the unit itself, and no other external factor. I will be returning the set tomorrow.

• 5 months later...

I had a similar problem recently, my Roccat Kaves were running perfect then 'all of a sudden' crazy hissing. It seems that there may be deeper issues for others but mine turned out to be the mic boost had somehow been defaulted to full.
You can find this by going to your recording devices (right click the speaker icon in your system tray) click on the levels tab and check your mic boost. I dropped mine back down and all was well again. 

Edited by Mrash