Smp Windows Client

Fueler

By looking at your points are you sure you are using the smp flag?

Yeah I'm running the SMP flag......I installed the client on the folding rig I built with 2 PC in one case (sharing a power supply). One PC finished a WU "2653 " with no problems after looking through the log but only recieved 25 points. An hour later the other PC finished the same WU and got 1760 points. Kind of upsetting but I decided not to let myself get all worked up over it an see what happens on the next completed WU (which should be in a couple hours). B:)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't run it as a service if you want stability. I run mine as a service and have problems all the time. I was running 6.22 though. I just installed the 6.23 drop-in, so we'll see if that helps. But running as a service is not technically supported...IIRC, I had to edit my registry to get it to work at all. lol

Just don't run it as a service if you want stability. I run mine as a service and have problems all the time. I was running 6.22 though. I just installed the 6.23 drop-in, so we'll see if that helps. But running as a service is not technically supported...IIRC, I had to edit my registry to get it to work at all. lol

Yeah I noticed before I installed it that running it as a service was not officially supported so I avoided it. I had to delete the service from a previous install (I tried to use it the first time I installed it months back.....didn't read the fine print).

Fueler I have been having real good luck with Linux with the 6.23 beta client also, it does not hang at the end like it used to...

I don't have Linux installed on any of my rigs right now but my try it later to see if there is any performance improvement over the windows client. The hanging problem was 90% of the reason I quit folding and went to WCG.

I don't have Linux installed on any of my rigs right now but my try it later to see if there is any performance improvement over the windows client. The hanging problem was 90% of the reason I quit folding and went to WCG.

I wrote a guide about how to do this in VMWare if you don't want to install Linux as the native OS.

I wrote a guide about how to do this in VMWare if you don't want to install Linux as the native OS.

I'm very familiar with VMWare......but I prefer to set up a dual boot and run Linux as a native OS B:)

That was the same reason I had quit and went to WCG, also I may have spoke to soon on it working ok. I just got some new beta WUs last night and everyone has hung up at the end. Hopefully the will be fixed though before they get out of beta...

I was just going to say r-r, I've had a few hangs the last few days...

I have not had any in a long long time with the 6.23 drop in client, everyone of these new 2676s have hung. I got home a bit ago and had to do about a dozen qfixes... SNEMOTICON13.gif

Ok now I'm starting to get a little PO'd

I attached (or at least I hope I did) the log files from my dual folding rig.

As far as I can tell they are identical.....neither one shows any sign of a problem yet stanford has only given me 25 points credit for the two WU's that Folding_1 finished but correctly credited Folding _2 3520 points for the exact same WU's that Folding_1 completed.

So what are my options here?.....is there somebodys ear I can chew? :glare:

FAHlog_1.txt

FAHlog_2.txt

That was the same reason I had quit and went to WCG, also I may have spoke to soon on it working ok. I just got some new beta WUs last night and everyone has hung up at the end. Hopefully the will be fixed though before they get out of beta...

Ouch! :blink: