Two situations

kennethk

Firstly thanks Westronn for showing us this case, I fell in love with it. Heres my list, I've been making threads about my new rig and would just like to ask for your guy's help on buying cheaper parts or if there are any other options. My goal as said is a lag free system that games well. Heres what I already got, Gigabyte radeon 7950, Rosewill 630w PSU, and crucial ballastix 8GB 1600mhz. Here's what I Want to buy would be open to more cheaper options that give off the same performance lag free wise.

Yes, the card reader is mandatory as I do a lot of file transferring. Also I'm good on HDDs, no need for a ssd or anything like that, I guess the 8GB flash drive comes with something so just ignore that.

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (CC-9011030-WW) Black Steel / Plastic ATX High Airflow Cube Case Item #: N82E16811139022
MSI 970A-G43 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard Item #: N82E16813130679
nMEDIAPC ZE-C128 Black Aluminum Panel 5.25"All-in-one USB x 3 / IEEE 1394 / eSATA / HD (or AC97) Audio Internal Card Reader Item #: N82E16820132021
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX Item #: N82E16819113284
Toshiba TransMemory 8GB Flash Drive Model PFU008U-1ACW Item #: N82E16820168059

The other situation I am debating on since my price will equal both console and pc is if I should make this build or wait till console release, please don't go into a huge pc vs console thing as I know some of you probably will. I'm just debating since I already have a rig that plays gaming decently it just locks up on me. Anywho I'm trying to get this build under $400s and possible buy a radiator.

The case is a great choice, I will pick one for my personal rig if they go on sale sometime soon. The FX-8350 should do the job very well too.

I never used Rosewill before so not sure about the PSU, do you know what OEM builds those? Otherwise I would go with a Cooler Master or a Corsair one in the same price range.

For the card reader, I would pick a cheaper one that have less USB ports if you don`t need so many.

BTW, I don't see any after market cooler for the CPU, are you going with the stock one? You should at least grab a ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 or a CM 212 Evo.

Cant afford them right now.

Not even a small one like a 120 or 128GB??

I got by quite well with my Vertex 2 120GB for a time and just had to make sure not to install any programs or games onto it I wasn't currently using and then when more money comes along get a 240GB-256GB drive and be set. Trust us when we say it, this is one thing you don't wanna skip on your computer.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Unless someone would like to donate me one I won't be seeing one anytime soon. :P

I've been saving a grand in my back account for a half a year now for this. I still have to look at getting a phone which is going to run me $300 + time services which is another $50s. Then I have to buy new clothes and life stuff. That's why I'm on a $400 budget and looking for cheaper hardware that will give me the same performance.

I have a 64GB I may be able to let go for cheap since I'm not sure if I'll have a use for it, you'd just have to be even more restrictive with your installations but it'd be great to give you the SSD bug most of us have on here :P