Problems Overclocking i7 2600k @4.5 on ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Mr_Weck

-multiplier - X 45

-Additional turbo volts - auto

-Cpu offset voltage - auto

-Internal PLL overvoltage - enabled/auto

-Load Line cali - 3 

Should boot no problem, probably with more than enough voltage.  Which is why you would then go back and do your own offset just to keep it under control.  

You are not leaving the CPU offset voltage at -.010 right?  You won't get very far with an undervolt offset.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-multiplier - X 45

-Load Line cali - 3 

Should boot no problem, probably with more than enough voltage.  Which is why you would then go back and do your own offset just to keep it under control.  

You are not leaving the CPU offset voltage at -.010 right?  You won't get very far with an undervolt offset.  

doesn't boot :/  it freezes on the windows bootscreen... 

Since I can boot on Safe Mode, I'm guessing it's a driver issue? though I haven't installed anything that could interfere with that... :(

When I had an i7 3820 with 7970s on modo, it stuck at w7 screen everytime when I changed block ratio from 1.00 to 1.25 untill I changed to nvidia video cards.

I think its driver problem too...

You can try to uninstall the specific driver that it might be the one that causes a problem and see

Edit: turn off your turbo boost too

Edited by VicVic

Mr_Weck 

Since you "used" to be stable, it's time to figure out if you're having a real hardware failure that isn't going to fix itself regardless of what BIOS settings you try.

My recommended steps;

Clear CMOS

Reload Optimized Defaults

Leave everything at stock for the time being

Run Memtest 86+ overnight and see if there are any errors

No Memtest errors - proceed to run OCCT for minimum of 2 hours

If that passes - proceed to run Prime95 "blend" test for minimum 8 hours

If everything passes at stock then we can start tweaking again

I see a lot of your voltages set to Auto - not usually a good thing for some of those secondary voltages like qpi/vtt, pch , pll and dram.

Many boards want to overvolt all of those settings when you start to overclock - and frankly they take the "more is better" approach all too often.

Frankly, for a retail stepping 2600K hitting 4.4 to 4.5Ghz usually isn't much of a challenge that requires a ton of tweaking, and that's why I suspect that something else is going on here.

-multiplier - X 45

-Load Line cali - 3 

Change LLC to 1.

Mr_Weck 

Since you "used" to be stable, it's time to figure out if you're having a real hardware failure that isn't going to fix itself regardless of what BIOS settings you try.

My recommended steps;

Clear CMOS

Reload Optimized Defaults

Leave everything at stock for the time being

Run Memtest 86+ overnight and see if there are any errors

No Memtest errors - proceed to run OCCT for minimum of 2 hours

If that passes - proceed to run Prime95 "blend" test for minimum 8 hours

If everything passes at stock then we can start tweaking again

I see a lot of your voltages set to Auto - not usually a good thing for some of those secondary voltages like qpi/vtt, pch , pll and dram.

Many boards want to overvolt all of those settings when you start to overclock - and frankly they take the "more is better" approach all too often.

Frankly, for a retail stepping 2600K hitting 4.4 to 4.5Ghz usually isn't much of a challenge that requires a ton of tweaking, and that's why I suspect that something else is going on here.

Okay, I'm going to do everything you said. Friday I will post my results.

Thanks for now!!

Sounds like a plan.  Also I suspect that some of our fellow members are interpreting your LLC setting as "-3" whereas I'm interpreting it as "3" proceeded by a hyphen to split it from the words  :)