Does it really make a difference and how?

rpg

Hello to all:

I started playing BF3 a little over a year ago.  Since then I've built a pretty decent system yet I still don't see what I would consider an improvement in my game.  Not that I'm great to begin with but I wanted to hear from all what your thoughts are in term of how much does hardware make a difference.  I'll list my current system and hope someone can give me some pointers which might tweak hardware more to gain a little more advantage.  Mind you, I have to go the hardware route as my reflexes are not what they used to be.  No matter how hard I try the twenty something's literally run circles around me. 

Here goes:

iCore 7 3770K OC to 4.4 MHz

2 GTX 670 SLI 4GB SuperClocked (rarely oc the cards).  If I do I only boost memory to around 700+ and processor ~40+

32 GB G.skill ram DDR3 2400 (no oc, don't know how yet)

Triple ASUS 144 MHz monitors but game on one.  Get too dizzy using the surround feature

ASUS p8z77-ws motherboard

RAT 7 mouse

Razer keyboard

Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset

System is air cooled entirely

Think that's it.  Any and all comments, suggestions, tips, and/or criticisms appreciated. 

Bests,

Okay, thanks that's pretty much what I wanted to hear.  I didn't know whether oc'ing would give me more of an advantage or just add unnecessary stress to the system.  Thanks again!

Lab Rat,

LOL..mind you i'm pretty new to the whole "tech" world.  I like the idea of tweaking the hardware.  Reminds me of the days when I used to tweak cars to get a little more HP or whatever out of them.  Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I agree on the posting skills.  I just notice again this happened.  Here's what I saw:  I wrote the reply and hit post. Don't recall seeing a message that said it had posted so I scrolled up to see if I could see it then didn't see it so I scrolled back down and the message was still there so I hit post again and the message remained.  Only then did I realize I had posted twice.  Is there a way to improve what I'm doing?  Please enlighten me as I'm this is purely inadvertent.

hey rpg, to fix your posting problems just write it, hit post, give it about 20 seconds and if nothing happens just hit refresh on whatever browser your using and it should show the new post, works for me every time. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I am not trying to be funny but do you not wear glasses and maybe now need to? I say that because I had a customer that three screens made him queasy when he gamed. He then found out he needed glasses and the nausea and dizziness went away.....and he didn't get his ass fragged off constantly.

A long shot , but I thought I would throw it out there. :) 

When I used to play CoD 4 there was some graphics settings that was tweak to provide bigger contrast. All the fancy extra details would be turned off (grass and such), I think I turned the AA down a notch, played around a little with gamma and brightness, and a couple of more things. It may not be how the developers intended, but it can help you spot the enemies easier. Many pro CoD 4 players would even play the game on a lower resolution to get a higher FPS rate.