Multi-GPU Performance Evaluation

Nemo

It all comes down to the settings you test at and where you test in the game. You can pick a softball location or someplace a little more taxing. You can run with 5 different setting configurations and have 5 different results.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys thank you a bunch for the performance evaluations and the Motherload of info behind the SLI and Crossfire set-ups and results.

I was reading through and I noticed that you guys tested a pair of core 216 gtx 260's. If anyone runs a pair or three of the GTX 260 core 216's in wow would you mind sharing some input on how it does in wow compared to its solo performance. I am looking to increase my performance but I'd like this video card to not just collect dust.

Thanks for the input. Brenton

I see. thank you for the fast input... couldn't dicide on another core 216 260 or a phenom 940. can now ;)

Edited for humor:

EPIC FAIL..... Ordered the video card anyhow. Ill be the Lab rat.

Edited by boinker

Went ahead and tried out sli in wow. There are a bunch of factors that are good and a few things that are not. the card temperatures dropped down quite a bit is one. the performance aspect could be run at its highest and the overall heat of the room I am in dropped also. The oly bad part is the performance I expected out of cards in tandom is that it doesn't give you a full dual GPU upgrade. In the great wide open it gives Great performance but inside of a city is where the Frames begin to drop below 30 and get slightly choppy. As far as wow is concerned. A pare of Gtx 260's would likly sit inbetween the performance of a gtx 275 and 280.... not really worth the money concidering the cost of a 280 But in other games such as COD WAW it was well worth it. THhs I belive, as clearly stated in the reviews, is just due to the Multi GPU support that the game itself offers. now I just need to get FAH to use both cards at once. :D.

My two cents overspent.. thanks for the great reveiw on sli again guys.