MSI 660 ti P.E. Overclocking Help

LegitGamer

A tip for anyone running the 660ti. If you want to run settings like this for daily use you should go into your Afterburner settings and adjust the automatic fan control properties so the fans will ramp up at lower temps then the stock settings. The stock settings wait until the GPU temp is at 80c before it even hits 80% of fan speed. Its too late by then and you will have lock ups.

Change the slope to something like 40% at 40c, 50% at 50c, 70% at 60 or 65c. This will keep the temps from climbing so radiply during high GPU usage and prevent lockups or frame rate drops. The fans are pretty quiet. So inside of a good case so it wont be really loud even at higher rpms.

A tip for anyone running the 660ti. If you want to run settings like this for daily use you should go into your Afterburner settings and adjust the automatic fan control properties so the fans will ramp up at lower temps then the stock settings. The stock settings wait until the GPU temp is at 80c before it even hits 80% of fan speed. Its too late by then and you will have lock ups.

Change the slope to something like 40% at 40c, 50% at 50c, 70% at 60 or 65c. This will keep the temps from climbing so radiply during high GPU usage and prevent lockups or frame rate drops. The fans are pretty quiet. So inside of a good case so it wont be really loud even at higher rpms.

80c and then lock-ups?

that isnt good lol it should be 100c and then a lock-up or 2 before even thinking about locking up the card should be HOT nothing else, if it goes on 80x then i had it returned because that is a faulty card if you ask me.

Agree,.. when my cards were on stock air coolers with fan slope in default, the top card was always in the high 80's, I run everything in max settings with no lock ups ever.

Could be a driver issue, or something else to look into if your card is locking up under load with temps under 90c

I would reset everything to stock settings, install latest drivers and run BF3 or heaven in max settings,.. if card locks up send it in for RMA

Edited by Braegnok

Might have to do with the high memory overclock or like you said some other software issue on the pc. It doesnt do it with everything at stock. only when I max out voltage and power, then run core clock and memory runs up real high. Like Core at 125 and memory at 475. Either way I dont want it running that hot for long gaming sessions. With the fan slope I adjusted it to, it runs at @62c at 98% load. You can hear the fan pick up speed but its not loud. Just audible.

I am planning on wiping my system and starting with a clean install. I have been running on this install for almost 3 years. Im sure its got some bugs in it by now. Trying to wait until I get an SSD. Dont want to do it more then once.

Edited by Cyberburnout

That sounds right, perhaps stay a tad under +470 on the memory..lol, lol  :lol:

Does your card have adjustable PLL voltage, I read someware MSI cards were coming out with that option on the Ti OC cards.

That sounds right, perhaps stay a tad under +470 on the memory..lol, lol  :lol:

Does your card have adjustable PLL voltage, I read someware MSI cards were coming out with that option on the Ti OC cards.

You should see the bench results when you crank it that high! lol Thats why I run it for daily use around +385 or so.

This card is a lot of fun to OC. The Afterburner software is pretty good too. A good amount of options and the graphs to show everything you need to.

Im not sure how to check for the PLL voltage. I read that somewhere but didnt bother to look into it. lol lazy