670 sli problem

JJDARK21

so i build my new rig everything works right i overclocked to 4.3 ghz easily but i been having a little problem with sli i cant enable it the pc recognizes both 670s but everytime i try to enable sli with maximizes 3d performance the screen goes black and then my monitor shows no signal but everything works just the monitor goes off and when i restart the drivers are not detected and i have to reinstall them again ive try changing bridges using different drivers but i cant seem to enable sli everytime i do it screen goes black monitor tells me theres no signal restart and screen is at 800x600 and drivers arent recognized i have to reinstall them

my sistems specs are

asus maximus iv extreme z

16 gb g.skill 1600 mhz 1.5v

intel 2600k

2x gigabyte 670 windforce oc

pc power and cooling 950w

haf x

crucial 128 gb ssd

edit; i attached a pic of how my sli is installed on my rig

post-65164-0-20816200-1352322897_thumb.jpg

Edited by JJDARK21

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do a clean uninstall through the control panel and uninstall everything that starts with Nvidia. Reboot when it tells you to. When all that is done, use Treexy Driver Fusion (formerly Phyxion Driver Sweeper) to clean up any remnants on your drive and registry (will have to reboot).

Then try installing the drivers with both cards with the SLI bridge connected.

Do a clean uninstall through the control panel and uninstall everything that starts with Nvidia. Reboot when it tells you to. When all that is done, use Treexy Driver Fusion (formerly Phyxion Driver Sweeper) to clean up any remnants on your drive and registry (will have to reboot).

Then try installing the drivers with both cards with the SLI bridge connected.

i have done that too and also i have done a clean windows 7 install to try to solve the problem but the same thing happens

i have done that too and also i have done a clean windows 7 install to try to solve the problem but the same thing happens

Test each card separately on the same PCIE slot to see if they both work. If they do, test one of them on the 2nd PCIE slot. It could be a card or motherboard PCIE slot.

Also, what PSU are you using? EDIT: nm, see that it's a PC Power and Cooling 950W.

Edited by El_Capitan

still cant get it fixed ive tried changing the videocards in different pcie slots configurations and still same problem i have heard that this problems also occur when your windows 7 is not legit do you guys think maybe that my windows 7 isnt legit ihave to try that btw im hating sli right now lol first time using sli and this happens

still cant get it fixed ive tried changing the videocards in different pcie slots configurations and still same problem i have heard that this problems also occur when your windows 7 is not legit do you guys think maybe that my windows 7 isnt legit ihave to try that btw im hating sli right now lol first time using sli and this happens

I've done SLI for years, it's not an SLI problem. Did you test each card on it's own and running benchmarks, or did you just swap your graphics cards to different positions?

I've done SLI for years, it's not an SLI problem. Did you test each card on it's own and running benchmarks, or did you just swap your graphics cards to different positions?

i swap them in different pcie slots and i can use them with sli disabled ive played games like that without any problem but when i try to enable sli monitor goes off without signal and have to restar even though the pc seems keep working just the monitor goes off and when i restart the drivers arent recognized and in the control panel and system says error code 43 its very weird i will try to install a different copy of windows if not i will try to use each card alone to test if they are both ok will also try a different monitor in case if its my monitor that doesnt work i really need to fix this and btw thanks for the fast response man

You know the last time I used the 3 way SLI Bridge for just 2 cards it caused weird issues in my system with my 2 GTX480's. SLI would not work at all for one and when playing games the system would go completely screwy.

Consider getting a single Cable SLI bridge and try again to eliminate that???

You know the last time I used the 3 way SLI Bridge for just 2 cards it caused weird issues in my system with my 2 GTX480's. SLI would not work at all for one and when playing games the system would go completely screwy.

Consider getting a single Cable SLI bridge and try again to eliminate that???

+1 though I've never used a 3 way SLI Bridge, wouldn't think that'd be an issue, but it's worth trying.

+1 though I've never used a 3 way SLI Bridge, wouldn't think that'd be an issue, but it's worth trying.

i also have used 2 way sli bridge with the same results im going to try new windows and use a normal hdd and using a hdmi cable maybe it gets the signal through there ill keep you informed thanks for the help