Thermalright Spitfire, VRM-R5 & X-Silent 140 for VGA Cooling

Nemo

Heat can be a problem with today's high-end graphics cards. Today OCC tests out a trio of products aimed at keeping heat under control: Thermalright Spitfire, VRM-R5 & X-Silent 140 - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermalright_spitfire_vrmr5/

Furmark will be for up to 20 minutes and the tempratures will then be checked using the latest version of GPU-Z. For ideal temperatures, I will let the system run in an ideal state with only minimal background programs running for up to 20 minutes and will again check the temperatures using GPU-Z.

Thats on page three... do you mean idle temps?

I was looking into these but the headache you had with how it wouldnt fit unless you removed your CPU HSF and oriented it juuuust right is sort of a deal breaker for me. Great review though!

Edited by ebarone

VERY impresssive temps, but I am with ebarone. Its just too big and complicated to fit in most cases by the look it.

And whats the point of a silent GPU cooler if you gota go back to stock for your CPU...

Thats on page three... do you mean idle temps?

Confirmed with Chris (the reviewer) and made the change. Thanks for checking up on that.

VERY impresssive temps, but I am with ebarone. Its just too big and complicated to fit in most cases by the look it.

And whats the point of a silent GPU cooler if you gota go back to stock for your CPU...

:stupid:

GPUs are designed to withstand insane temps...CPUs, not so much. I'd much rather have a cool CPU than a GPU (if I had to choose between the two).

That looks sick. Only I didn't quite get why there are 3 prices instead of just one. And nice review. :P

I think the heatsink that sticks out, going up might be a problem for certain CPU coolers unless it's made to really go to the right where no cooler would. I can't really tell without actually examining the thing irl.

Edited by ballist1x

That looks sick. Only I didn't quite get why there are 3 prices instead of just one. And nice review. :P

I think the heatsink that sticks out, going up might be a problem for certain CPU coolers unless it's made to really go to the right where no cooler would. I can't really tell without actually examining the thing irl.

Did you just skip to the conclusion and read the pros and cons?

no, I just have my doubts.

LOL. I think he Clay was talking about the individual prices. I put it up that way because even though Thermalright sent it to us with all three parts (Spitfire, VRM-R5 and the X-Silent 140) as a combo package, each part must be purchased separately. They are made to be paired together, but do not necessarily have to be.

Thanks

LOL. I think he Clay was talking about the individual prices. I put it up that way because even though Thermalright sent it to us with all three parts (Spitfire, VRM-R5 and the X-Silent 140) as a combo package, each part must be purchased separately. They are made to be paired together, but do not necessarily have to be.

Thanks

ah, sorry lol. I see I thought so but I didn't confirm it for myself since it seemed kinda strange cuz any of those individual parts wouldn't be much good if not bought together...unless another cooler is bought but I don't think there are a lot of people that would only buy one of the parts and get the others from a different brand...these seem to work extremely well together and obviously each pulls their own weight...If I needed a new cooler, I'd get the full combo package.