[WTS] Onion's car fund!

Onion

I agree with the R32, they're awesome. I don't like any of the MKVI golfs, that's why we got a used MKV. As for driving a Honda, nope. Never. Yes, I would rather have a junk RWD car. :lol: I'm also looking at a 2004 Mustang GT 40th anniversary, my friend has one and he really likes it. They're decently priced, and parts are dirt cheap. I can't drive a Honda after years of complaining about those annoying ricers with their fart cannons and their NOS.

By the way, thanks for all the free bumps guys. :D

You trying to build a race car or a daily driver for college bro?

Honda's are great cars and the only reasons newb's hate on them is because they don't understand them. Mustang? Mustang is junk, tranny problems and cracked heads is all I hear from the newer gen. ones. on forums.

How about a Acura RSX? My brother used to own one before he got his Lexus and still raves how awesome that car was and reliable. I'm sure you could find one for less than $5000 in good condition, and since you live in Florida all the cars down there must be rust free, they never see snow or salt that is...

Remember, if not the kind of guy who's willing to break neck and back to make a older car run right and not just look good, I'd suggest you buy something cheap and just runs good. Looks alone doesn't make the wheels spin on a car. :lol:

What about a bike? A nice used Kawasaki Ninja used can run you $2500 or less. Since you live in FL, weather is good all year around, and you'd def. be able to get more girls than in some beat on Mustang. :lol:

Edited by MJCRO

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You trying to build a race car or a daily driver for college bro?

Honda's are great cars and the only reasons newb's hate on them is because they don't understand them. Mustang? Mustang is junk, tranny problems and cracked heads is all I hear from the newer gen. ones. on forums.

How about a Acura RSX? My brother used to own one before he got his Lexus and still raves how awesome that car was and reliable. I'm sure you could find one for less than $5000 in good condition, and since you live in Florida all the cars down there must be rust free, they never see snow or salt that is...

Sounds like a biased opinion. ;) I will look at the Mustang though, just to make sure it won't break, but as far as I know, I've never heard of people having problems with mustangs. This car will more or less be a race car, but daily driven, if that makes any sense. I don't NEED all the extra fluff that a manufacturer puts in a car. Door panels, seats, etc, all that can go since I don't need it.

Which one would that be again?

Do remember that my Cobalt isn't exactly stock (not that it really matters much) - it'll wipe the floor with your GTI or whatever car is actually yours in both a drag race and an actual race around a track. ;)

I got you both beat with my beast of a CC LOL

Sounds like a biased opinion. ;) I will look at the Mustang though, just to make sure it won't break, but as far as I know, I've never heard of people having problems with mustangs. This car will more or less be a race car, but daily driven, if that makes any sense. I don't NEED all the extra fluff that a manufacturer puts in a car. Door panels, seats, etc, all that can go since I don't need it.

Daily driven and race car can't be put in the same sentence. Expect a lot of tickets from police if you plan to drive around in a gutted.. whatever car you choose. :lol: But seriously you should get some car that you can drive everyday, put the title in dads name + insurance and your good to go. Then start saving for a separate project car which you can work on when your home. You'll thank me later after your on the side of I-95 waiting for a tow truck because the oil pan dropped :lol: just kidding! ;)

Edited by MJCRO

Daily driven and race car can't be put in the same sentence. Expect a lot of tickets from police if you plan to drive around in a gutted.. whatever car you choose. :lol: But seriously you should get some car that you can drive everyday, put the title in dads name + insurance and your good to go. Then start saving for a separate project car which you can work on your home or something. You'll thank me later after your on the side of I-95 waiting for a tow truck because the oil pan dropped :lol: just kidding! ;)

Actually, the cops here really don't give a crap about anything. You can drive in whatever you like as long as it actually works. I've seen quite a few people driving track cars around, some of which I've talked to, and they've never had problems. And yeah, whatever car I end up buying is going on my parents insurance. It's expensive enough as it is lol. On my name, the insurance would cost more than the car. If anything, I'll get the car I want to race first, but not do anything major to it, and when I end up getting a real daily driver (or a bicycle) then I'll start tearing it down.

By the way, all these bumps on my thread, and not a single bid on my items? Come on now, 15 bucks for a logitech g300 is a great deal!

Edited by l33t p1mp

Actually, the cops here really don't give a crap about anything. You can drive in whatever you like as long as it actually works. I've seen quite a few people driving track cars around, some of which I've talked to, and they've never had problems. And yeah, whatever car I end up buying is going on my parents insurance. It's expensive enough as it is lol. On my name, the insurance would cost more than the car. If anything, I'll get the car I want to race first, but not do anything major to it, and when I end up getting a real daily driver (or a bicycle) then I'll start tearing it down.

By the way, all these bumps on my thread, and not a single bid on my items? Come on now, 15 bucks for a logitech g300 is a great deal!

Living where you live, I'd get a bike in a second. Roads are flat, roads are maintained, no hills, no snow, no problems! :lol: Insuring a bike is pretty cheap, just do liability coverage for 6 months while in school and you'd be set. Chicks dig sport bikes too, but my bimmer attracts more!... err I mean WILL attract more.. after under $3000 gets into it. :lol:

Living where you live, I'd get a bike in a second. Roads are flat, roads are maintained, no hills, no snow, no problems! :lol: Insuring a bike is pretty cheap, just do liability coverage for 6 months while in school and you'd be set. Chicks dig sport bikes too, but my bimmer attracts more!... err I mean WILL attract more.. after under $3000 gets into it. :lol:

I would get a bike, but my parents are against it, and they said they won't put me on their insurance if I got one. I really want to though, bikes seem like so much fun lol. I've got two concerns with bikes though, the most important one being safety. This being Miami and all, there's a million idiots driving around texting and not looking where they're going. The second concern is speeding. I'd be far too tempted to go much faster than I should lol. Even in the GTI, I've only had it for like two months, and I've already been pulled over. I only got a warning, since I slowed way down before the cops would get a reading with their radars (thanks Valentine One radar detector!). And yes, chicks do dig bikes, but I'm not into that kind of girl. I like someone with a little bit more intelligence lol.

Edited by l33t p1mp

I would get a bike, but my parents are against it, and they said they won't put me on their insurance if I got one. I really want to though, bikes seem like so much fun lol. I've got two concerns with bikes though, the most important one being safety. This being Miami and all, there's a million idiots driving around texting and not looking where they're going. The second concern is speeding. I'd be far too tempted to go much faster than I should lol. Even in the GTI, I've only had it for like two months, and I've already been pulled over. I only got a warning, since I slowed way down before the cops would get a reading with their radars (thanks Valentine One radar detector!). And yes, chicks do dig bikes, but I'm not into that kind of girl. I like someone with a little bit more intelligence lol.

Boobs over brains anyday! :)