World of Tanks

WhenKittensATK

Wargaming League North America (WGLNA) qualifiers started two days ago. I found it pretty entertaining to watch, I used to watch a few LoL pro streams but they never held my attention as much as these guys. They also give out gold codes during the stream, won one on the first day. I missed the livestream of the second day.

I'm really surprised at the quality of the streaming production. For their first time ever doing it, its much better than the EU league streams. It looks like they mix the announcers with SC2 casters who have experience in WoT along with a mainly WoT player who talks map strategies. They do need to work better on free cam spectating, but this game is really hard to capture everything.

I got two replays saved of Steel Wall matches that really show you need to learn weak spots on all the tanks haha.

Edited by AZNguyen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Soo.... I stopped talking to myself in this thread for awhile now. Anyone playing this game since then?

Alienware Arena is still giving away free starter packs for new accounts only.

German rebalance patch is coming this week. They are buffing rate of fire on some of the guns. Should be interesting since I'm currently grinding both German medium lines and working towards their heavy tanks. The Tiger 2 will be a scary tank to fight this upcoming patch since they are removing the only two frontal weak spots it has, so can't wait to get that tank unlocked. They are also adding in a second Russian medium line. Best part is the new tier 10 RU medium is unlockable through the current tier 9 tank, so T-54 can unlock two tier 10 tanks :D

I also gave clan wars a try over the past two months. Its much different than public matches. In public matches you basically fend for yourself and pushing out into the open is almost certain death. In clan wars its totally the opposite haha. You push into the open with groups and you can totally overcome the entrenched enemy teams. Also getting close to unicum status :P

signature.png

Edited by AZNguyen

• 10 months later...

It's a lot of grinding but if you find a particular tank playstyle its not so bad.

This was me playing a fully upgraged Comet yesterday. Wish we won that match. I'll be playing again from 4-10 PM EST.

Crazy firefight at the end. 1 vs 5 tanks

Edited by AZNguyen

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, you pick a tank and then randomly get put into a map. You might be interested in War Thunder. It allows you to take multiple tanks of one nation into a random map and you get to choose which of the tanks you selected to play until they all run out.