Ahhhh... rich people

Andrewr05

Lol, kind of off topic but I thought I would add to the stupid rich people theme.

The other day I was in a store called de ja vu audio. The specialize in high end audio.

This guy walks in with a suit case, walks past everyone, goes right to the western electric horns and says "I want that one". The owner of the store said, "ok, that will be $45,000" for a 10% down payment PLUS you will have to buy a dac, amp, so forth and so on. He said "that's ok", opens up the suit case with 100K in it.

So he ends up putting the speakers in his home, and due to the size of the speakers, they pretty much take up the whole living room.

The wife goes ballistic. She says either the speakers go, or I go. So after a fight, the guy leaves. Leaves his house, his wife, everything and takes the speakers with him.

The wife up and leaves too. They leave the 5.2 million dollar home to the owner of the audio store.

Believe it or not......this happens more often than not.

How'd you find all this out? :lol:

And remember - the real "rich" people are the ones you'd probably never suspect.

I was there? 

I go to the store often. I was there when the guy walked in....I was there when the wife came back with the guy to try and return the speakers and started shouting and breaking things....and I was there when the wife gave the keys to the house to the store owner. 

I was also trying not to die from laughing each time.......................

Not much too it waco. 

Maybe it was just the way you wrote it, certainly didn't sound "believable".

[edit]

Like for example

- Why was a 5.2 million home left to the audio store owner, surely one of the couple would try to claim it?

- How did you know it took up half the living room? if the house cost 5 million + the living room would be massive and I doubt the speakers would be big enough to take up a quarter of the room yet alone half

- Also, happens more often than you think? really?

etc..

Lol, kind of off topic but I thought I would add to the stupid rich people theme.

The other day I was in a store called de ja vu audio. The specialize in high end audio.

This guy walks in with a suit case, walks past everyone, goes right to the western electric horns and says "I want that one". The owner of the store said, "ok, that will be $45,000" for a 10% down payment PLUS you will have to buy a dac, amp, so forth and so on. He said "that's ok", opens up the suit case with 100K in it.

So he ends up putting the speakers in his home, and due to the size of the speakers, they pretty much take up the whole living room.

The wife goes ballistic. She says either the speakers go, or I go. So after a fight, the guy leaves. Leaves his house, his wife, everything and takes the speakers with him.

The wife up and leaves too. They leave the 5.2 million dollar home to the owner of the audio store.

Believe it or not......this happens more often than not.

How'd you find all this out? :lol:

And remember - the real "rich" people are the ones you'd probably never suspect.

Yeah. I recently discovered that the little old man who i see at the gas station for lunch every so often and who comes out and hangs at the farm occasionally is the owner of the farm, and a huge multinational company... You would never know it to look at him, or to spend time with him, though you would once you saw his house..

[edit]

Like for example

- Why was a 5.2 million home left to the audio store owner, surely one of the couple would try to claim it?

- How did you know it took up half the living room? if the house cost 5 million + the living room would be massive and I doubt the speakers would be big enough to take up a quarter of the room yet alone half

etc..

This. :lol:

[edit]

Like for example

etc..

Ah good points. 

As for claiming the house.....you would think someone would do that, but they haven't. That is the stupid element of the stupid rich people motif. 

How do I know they took up half the living room. Pics. This was before they pulled it out another few feet. They also had to do some other fancy things as well. Oh and it is 5.2 mill do to the location in nothern VA. The houses can still be fairly small. 

Apparently the house thing does happen often. It is not surprising really. If you knew the people in northern VA, they all seem to just not give a crap about their stuff. Imagine a place where everyone is rich....and totally brainless. My friend works as a technician at a VW/porsche/XXXcars I don't rememberXXX and he seen plenty of people buy a new porsche because the one they had ended up needing new wheels on their old porsche. People up close to DC start to get REALLY stupid with money. I KNOW it is hard to believe......but it IS that bad. I am sure cokeman would probably agree. Either that or he is smart and stays FAR away from that area. 

The pic does not include the amp tower either. Of course the is one speaker, but keep in mind....that is JUST the tweeter. The bass horns are slightly larger and go underneath. 

884413_10151553024071070_99377339_o.jpg

fricken hideous... I wouldnt dare over pay for something that ugly and then have the nerve to bring it home...

You are aware that it is from like the 1930s right? And they are some of the best speakers ever made to boot. 

You guys really seem to have a bone to pick with the more fortunate, eh?

MMMMMmmmmm 

I don't have a bone to pick with bill gates. I did have a bone to pick with steve jobs.

I don't have a bone to pick with conrad hilton. I do want to smack the crap out of paris hilton.

I don't have a bone to pick with rich people. I do have a bone to pick with stupid people who happen to have lots of money and tend to spend money with no thought what so ever. 

I am not rich by any means but I've given stuff to people who are in a harder position.   If they talk about me like the comments I read in this thread than there really is no point in being nice to someone.

This thread also reminds me of how glad I am to not be living in NoVA anymore.

• Like 1

Stupid is no respector of income and wealth is no indicator of smarts.  Shame that we sometimes have the tendency to lump entire groups of people into certain stereotypes because of one or two glaring examples.  I'm with Doc on one thing in this thread though - I wouldn't ever stick those things in my house.

I am not rich by any means but I've given stuff to people who are in a harder position.   If they talk about me like the comments I read in this thread than there really is no point in being nice to someone.

This thread also reminds me of how glad I am to not be living in NoVA anymore.

Being nice is one thing. My neighbor gave me a receiver when I was just getting into audio. My sister got a new saddle when she was just getting into horses. Cjloki gave me a little motherboard project thing for a CD player for my mom (thanks again cjloki : ) ). If you are rich and you are giving true and honest gifts, then it is just a non factor to me. 

Dumping stuff on other people because you HAVE to have the best of the best and you don't want to hassle with selling the thing (tv in this case) or even returning it is totally different. Now I am assuming this is the case because andrew said it was a customer. So it is possible that the customer is like a neighbor or something who is simply being generous and then the story would probably restore my faith in humanity a little bit. 

It all depends on what is going through the individuals mind when they are giving the gift. I have NOTHING against rich people giving gifts. I do have something against rich people being lazy or wasteful.