Did CR Actually Confirm Apple's iPhone 4 Statement?

All Hail Apple!!

Are you talking about accessories or what?? Honestly I don't need more than just a case, an extra home charger, a car charger and extra batteries (which lol, you can't change your batteries on the Ipod) when I buy a new phone. I too can load all my music onto my phone's sd card....and actually any mp3 player can do that so I don't see that you're getting at there :blink: Then you say Apple wins because they have monopolized the market? :wacko:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ivy, you once again show your narrow mindedness. Just because YOU don't need those accessories doesn't mean there isn't a market for them. People like having the choice of a variety of accessories and so the iPod/iPhone/iPad is the device to go to if you want lots of third party options.

Ivy, you once again show your narrow mindedness. Just because YOU don't need those accessories doesn't mean there isn't a market for them. People like having the choice of a variety of accessories and so the iPod/iPhone/iPad is the device to go to if you want lots of third party options.

lol narrow mindedness eh, I guess I can thank Apple for taking all the 3rd party options away from other equally competent devices. I remember when I had my old Creatives, everywhere you'd turn there'd be an iPod dock in any color, shape or size. It's really sick, because my creative did everything the iPod did (perhaps better?), but just because it wasn't Apple I couldn't get an unnecessary amount of accessories for it. and yes there can be TOO many. Same with apps, just because there are so many of them, doesn't mean alot of them duplicate each other's features, and even more are just plain useless/novelty. (Same goes for my Android phone, there are alot of different programs that are pointless or already have a more polished/proven alternative).

You say that there should be choices, but why doesn't anyone get to have them if they don't support Apple??

I've got no problem with third parties making Apple accessories, in fact I welcome it. Most accessories designed for iPod/iPhone are poorly designed and made (I'm thinking speaker docks in particular) makes those of us with decent gear a bit more special and exclusive :lol:. It does bug me however when you see things like cars with iPod connectors, but no other inputs, and so on.

There seems to be some people that have issues and others that don't. If Apple is saying there is in fact an issue then they need to fix it plain and simple.

It would suck if someone dies because of a dropped call or poor reception.

I was going to grab the phone but after hearing so many mixed views I said screwed it I will stick with my 3GS version. :)

Bosco, don't be fooled, this is by far the best smartphone on the market ... as long as you don't hold it with your left half.

It is the fastest, most user-friendly, most supported, and easily the best camera on any of the smart phones. (I dare someone to prove me wrong here :) )

Apple has always been one of the most sensitive companies out there and usually the first to censor bad news in some way. Not surprised at all.

:withstupid:

Even though this antenna issue is a confirmed problem it hasn't really effect the sales of the iphone 4 at all.

It's a sign that Apple might start producing lower quality products if they know that people are going to buy there stuff without question.

easily the best camera on any of the smart phones. (I dare someone to prove me wrong here :) )

Now that I could do... but I sense it would be more trouble than it's worth! lol

:withstupid:

Even though this antenna issue is a confirmed problem it hasn't really effect the sales of the iphone 4 at all.

It's a sign that Apple might start producing lower quality products if they know that people are going to buy there stuff without question.

Like I said above I have nothing against Apple because what happen with them is something all Companys do.

They just want to get the product out their to earn a buck.

But as for your remark for lowering quality on product because they know people will buy it.

Honestly if you want to look at it in another sense with Apple is just all of the products they release.

They really never really upgrade anything if you think about it..

How many Versions of the iPhone did they come out with? Most of your changes were all just Larger Storage space.

They come out with the iPhone then you end up with an iPod Touch. Same Hardware nothing really cool. Just another device they made to get money out of you.

iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G while all of these are a bit different.. They really are all the same, not much has really been done.. Upgraded camera.. Made the OS run a bit faster.. New screen on the 4G..

Nothing that really sticks out to me IMO.

Then you have the iPad I know there are jokes about it all on the internet, but its mostly true.. its like 4 iPod Touches stuck together.

Apple (Along with many other companys) already have you sucked in, they know your gonna buy their crap. They could market a brick and call it an iBrick. Someone is going to buy it. (Well not really but I think you get my point.)

It looks like to me they got to the point were they dident care about it and just wanted to get the device out..

I mean look at it this way. They have the iphone, iphone 3gs then the iphone 4g almost identical hardware BUT they moved the antenna.. Well since the other phones worked great and since not much was changed they probably did not even bother testing it just because all the other iPhones worked fine.

But this is all my opinion and I am very tired.. So I have no idea really what I said.

Like I said above I have nothing against Apple because what happen with them is something all Companys do.

They just want to get the product out their to earn a buck.

But as for your remark for lowering quality on product because they know people will buy it.

Honestly if you want to look at it in another sense with Apple is just all of the products they release.

It's understandable why companies do it all comes down to making products quickly and cheaply and then trying to make as much profit on them as possible but at certain point if a company lowers the quality of there products to much eventually people will stop buying from them and I was just wondering how long before Apple reaches that point.