NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Gaming Reviewed

Bosco

I know that the Titan wasn't marketed for this, but no one has talked about the card being able to do double precision work quite well. Not as well as a Tesla k20x, but still way better than a 680. I know that no consumer will need that feature, but it's gotta count for something, right? :)

Like I said in the review it has the ability to run double precision calculations. Its a gateway card for the person looking to start developing for CUDA without the spend for a Tesla. 

^This would be the only reason I'd consider one. Yes, the gaming performance is great, but it completely overkill for my needs. But for the CUDA development, that's something I'd be curious to try out as a budding game developer. That being said, I'm trying to lean away from programming because I got sick of it in my last job :lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is gaming on a different level though, not just now but for the future as well. Who would have thought that a  690 could not run Crysis 3 maxed out at 5760x 1080?

But again, you're mentioning a multi-monitor setup. I admit (and have since the beginning) that this is great for anyone using such a setup, but it costs way too much to justify its use for anyone who isn't.

Falcon Northwest

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2415720,00.asp

Overpriced of course, but damn is that sweet performance.

I can't even imagine what a fully liquid cooled top of the line, Tri-Titan, max OC'd machine would do.

Someone on OCC will have these figures up in less than 2 weeks.

TR received their Titan in one of those -- it's in part of the review; but of course they did REAL benches outside of the thing. lol :lol:

i have spent 2 hours looking at benchmarks and i see no reason to buy this card over two gtx 680 they are $200 cheaper and perform so much better 

i am not hating because i can afford this card but im not wasting a grand on old tech i say pass

• 2 weeks later...

Now im even more curious as to what nvidia will bring to the table performance wise with their gk110 7xx series. Surely they wouldn't want to outshine the Titan?

Now im even more curious as to what nvidia will bring to the table performance wise with their gk110 7xx series. Surely they wouldn't want to outshine the Titan?

Never know, but who says the 700 series is going to be based on Kepler? Maxwell is the next in line, even if it's (potentially) slated for 2014.