Diablo 3

tkrow21

It is amazing....The last 3 years at Blizzcon I spent a large portion of my time there playing Diablo 3 I just couldn't get enough of it. I will be at Blizzcon this year playing it just as much as usual :). So far I have played through 3 separate large mission all ending with bosses from Diablo lore that were all entertaining and the pvp and arenas they showed off last year were incredibly fun.

I played it last year for the first time. The previous trips to Blizzcon I spent mainly playing StarCraft II as I am a huge starcraft fan... Diablo 3 seemed kinda mindless to me, I went through the whole mission last year and found the poster, which was cool... I played the demon hunter, which was a pretty cool conceptual class at the time. Hopefully they changed it, as there were some things that just didn't feel right (mindless clicking...)

Blizzcon is kinda getting ridiculous too, back in 05 and 07 when I went it was a much smaller event, and you could visit things without waiting in line for half the day. Now with 50,000 people it has turned into me spending more time just walking around then at panels or with the actual games... I am thinking I might check out some other cons this year, maybe Comic Con (which = more time in lines lol)

I won't be going this year, to which I am pretty pissed off at after finding my favorite band will be playing... Trying to finish a degree will do that... I will be back next year though for hopefully an epic announcement of some new IP and to check out the final installment of SC II :D

Still waiting for my invite, it seems like they are inviting a lot less people in this beta, then they have with others. I have been invited to the past 5 betas Blizzard as held, I am pretty sure I am on their good list lol... The beta for D3 really seems more like a demo then anything. Which is due to the nature of the game. I think they would be much better off just releasing it as a demo then an actual beta, shrug...

Edited by greengiant912

Calling Diablo mindless clicking is like saying the sky is blue lol. We all know it is/is going to be a clickfest, but for some reason our insatiable need to slaughter the spawn of hell outweighs the desire for innovative controls.

Calling Diablo mindless clicking is like saying the sky is blue lol. We all know it is/is going to be a clickfest, but for some reason our insatiable need to slaughter the spawn of hell outweighs the desire for innovative controls.

Not for all of us =P

The only class in Diablo that did more than use 2 spells during fights was WW/Trap Assassin.

Mind blast (x times until stunlock) -> drop 1-2 traps -> mind blast (some more) -> drop 1-2 traps -> mind blast - > teleport behind the person / Dragon flight -> WW in a small triangle = Dead target

Other classes just teleport non-stop shoot only one spell to win by random hits.

So mindless clicking possible, but there are tactics like FHR locking a player and teleporting on the corner of the screen.

========

Wished I knew about Fraps when I was playing Diablo 2 LoD. Had so many cool character builds for PvP.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Ya everyone beat me to it but diablo does tend to have some clicking involved in it when you play ;) But ya for me an avid D2 player and someone that was way into pvp I think it was quite fun. And yes I hate the lines but every time I got to play it was all good.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be such a recluse when this game comes out, never leaving the computer for hours and hours at a time...

Oh wait... I already do do that.

Hmmmm, well I'll be even more of a reclusive cave troll then.

:lol: