CM Storm SF-19 Strike Force Laptop Cooler Evaluation

Nemo

I bought a used ZALMAN Notebook Cooler Model ZM-NC2000 for $35 when I had a gaming laptop, and it was great at cooling, was quiet, and thin enough to carry with me in my backpack. The CM Storm SF-19 Strike Force Laptop Cooler looks and cools great, and has nice features, but it's expensive and looks bulky/heavy.

Besides, I always open up my laptops and put in better TIM. My CPU and GPU never even got to the 60's during load with the ZALMAN Notebook Cooler.

Seems to me this is the kind of thing you use to cool a very high-end laptop that basically stays put or is carted around to the occasional LAN party. It's bizzare how we buy these ultra portable devices like laptops, tablets, pocket cameras, etc and then lug around extra things such as stands, keyboards, tripods, lights, USB hubs and mice that really defeat the portability and simplicity of these devices.

The other week, I slowly started to feel my backup was getting heavier and heavier. So I went through it and what I had shoved in there over three or four months was amazing! Laptop, power supply, mouse, sunglasses, bluetooth headset, earphones, Kindle, iPhone, iPod, USB modem, extra sets of keys, mousepad, Leatherman......Jeez rolleyes.gif