CM QuickFire Pro Mechanical Keyboard Review

bp9801

We have a new mechanical keyboard on the test bench for you to check out, this time from the folks at Cooler Master. See what OCC reviewer BluePanda thinks of it as she reviews the CM QuickFire Pro Mechanical Keyboard - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cm_quick_fire_pro/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review! I do wish CM went the whole 9 yards instead of cutting back on a few features, but yum... another Cherry MX Brown switch. :P

What features do you feel they missed?

Dedicated media keys would be my guess. I don't like having to use two hands to change something mid-game.

That said, my Razer Arctosa has dedicated media keys and I can't remember the last time I actually used them. :lol:

I'll be doing a comparison of 5 different mechanical keyboards on my blog over the weekend, with video, to go over some of my gripes - though I won't go over anything with backlighting.

1. The mini-USB connector to the keyboard isn't a good idea. I had to return one of my Rosewill Red's because if you jostle the keyboard mistakenly with the connector in there, there's a chance you can pop the female connector inside the keyboard off the PCB.

2. Backlighting the entire keyboard would have made this a very well sought-after keyboard.

Actually, those are my only gripes. :P

I really do like how you can re-route the mini-USB to USB connector in 3 different directions, though.

I find that I dod not miss the media keys not being on my Deck keyboard. To be honest even when I have them I seldom use them as my speakers or headset can be adjust just as easily. I however do love the backlight on my Deck. :thumbsup:

So close to perfect in price, features and performance. I think they missed the boat on keyboard lighting. IMO CM would have been better off with an all or nothing approach. Light every key, add $10 to the MSRP and you have a winner. Or remove the WASD+misc key lights and subtract $10. Still have a winner.

I'm perplexed by their current choice on the lighting though. And will someone please make a sub $120 mechanical lkeyboard with individual backlit keys in blue...........................................

Guess that's asking too much.