Need help with Logo design

mpj

Hey all,

I've been trying to find someone for awhile to help me out with finishing a logo for my men's league hockey team, and thought maybe someone here might be able to come to the rescue. I'm a complete noob when it comes to graphic design and what I've come up with so far is pretty simple, but I like it. The problem I'm running into is I don't have the software or know-how to put the finsihing touches on a logo. I was hoping maybe I can throw the logo up here and get some opinions or help with what I already have. I understand that it takes time to do this, and I would be willing to work out some sort of compensation depending on work done.

All I'm trying to finish on this is adding the company name around the CTS inside the 2 circles, and maybe clean up the lines/finish it nicely. Something along the lines of this:

Complete Tooling

CTS

Solutions

Like I mentioned before this is for my men's league hockey team that is sponsored by our company. The old logo is pretty tired and we're looking for something fresh, yet with that throwback look to it. Also I need this to be able to work with a screen press. I attached the new "work in progress" logo and a pic of our old jerseys with the old logo. Please send me a pm if you're able to help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

post-72328-0-26891900-1360083916_thumb.jpg

post-72328-0-66897900-1360084573_thumb.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my associate degree on graphic design . It's been a while since I designed a logo but mayeI can give you some good pointers . Which logos are the ones you made (I'm guessing the t-shirt is the original ) ?

Edit: I guess I'll pm you when I'm

Home later , I'm on my phone right now .

Edited by hornybluecow

just to clarify,

the logo's on the left are the old ones and the right (blue) is the version you want to have edited to have as a final result?

The logo on the left is the new one, which is intended to look old. The version on the right is our old/current hockey jerseys.

logomaker.com takes the cake.

I'm mashing one up atm, give it a try if you want.

[edit]

what a poor excuse of a company/website.

The website is 100% horrible, I've made mention of that many times, but we're a local company and don't do any business etc through that portal. I told him to update it or take it down because it's that sad to look at or even make mention of. However, our company does quite well for our size. I'll just assume you're refering to the website, even though that can be taken both ways.

I have my associate degree on graphic design . It's been a while since I designed a logo but mayeI can give you some good pointers . Which logos are the ones you made (I'm guessing the t-shirt is the original ) ?

Edit: I guess I'll pm you when I'm

Home later , I'm on my phone right now .

Yes, the hockey jersey on the right is our old/original logo. The one on the left is my attempt with the almighty MS Paint to come up with a "throwback" look for our new jerseys.

I understand that they're both crude, but we're machinists, not graphic designers!

well its not bad, but i like the old logo better :P

il take a go at it tommorow, dont know if you have a deadline or not...

I appreciate it. All I'm mainly looking to do is add Complete Tooling Solutions to the new one inside the circle where the red is, and refine it more. I'm just not capable of doing so.

The website is 100% horrible, I've made mention of that many times, but we're a local company and don't do any business etc through that portal. I told him to update it or take it down because it's that sad to look at or even make mention of. However, our company does quite well for our size. I'll just assume you're refering to the website, even though that can be taken both ways.

No no no. I meant the logomaker.com website :)

I appreciate it. All I'm mainly looking to do is add Complete Tooling Solutions to the new one inside the circle where the red is, and refine it more. I'm just not capable of doing so.

any fonts i should use because of the logo specifications?

but as i see it, it would be a tight fit depending on how big the actual logo is going to be on the shirts of the players.

but il make a few examples tommorow, and let you be the judge on that ;)

If all you need to do is add lettering where the red is that is easy as pie . It can be done in illustrator quickly . Usually it's the design that takes forever to come up with . My teachers forced us to do a few hundred drawings than pick 10 and do it again until you got down to 3 that you showed the client. That's the time consuming part .

No no no. I meant the logomaker.com website :)

Lol, my bad...either way, our company website is pathetic.