What are your computer hardware gripes?

El_Capitan

"NIce" amplifiers with cheap capacitors.

Seriously, the difference between garbage quality capacitors and extremely high quality (Nichicon/Nippon/Rubycon/Panosonic) is between .05 and $2 per capacitor.

In an amplifier this could be as little as $2 - $15 for power supply caps only, and $10-$150 for a full on overhaul of existing caps (dependin on quanitity and quality).

How to I tell audio companies that I am willing to pay $20-$50 more for an amp with capacitors that wont immediately kerplode?

The fact that EVGA release the 04G-2983 980 with a higher overclock and is $50 cheaper then my 04G-2982 980 sc.  Even the stock card with stock cooler is $610, is the stock cooler just that much better or does it just coast that much more to make then the ACX cooler?

The fact that EVGA release the 04G-2983 980 with a higher overclock and is $50 cheaper then my 04G-2982 980 sc.  Even the stock card with stock cooler is $610, is the stock cooler just that much better or does it just coast that much more to make then the ACX cooler?

Supply and demand. ;)

Which reminds me, does anyone else remember when DDR3 used to cost like $27 for 2x4GB and $42 for 2x8GB? Crazy how expensive it's gotten.

Blinking & Flashing LED lights on motherboards,.. that you can not dim or shut off,.. I have an ASUS WS with a row of six blue LED's that are blinding bright and with a windowed case the room looks like a strobe light flashing all night,.. :yucky: 

Blinking & Flashing LED lights on motherboards,.. that you can not dim or shut off,.. I have an ASUS WS with a row of six blue LED's that are blinding bright and with a windowed case the room looks like a strobe light flashing all night,.. :yucky: 

You could try a universal LED dimmer.

Edited by cchalogamer

That looks a lot like the universal pc case crack and hole repair.lol

That looks a lot like the universal pc case crack and hole repair.lol

It is similar, though I find the crack and hole repair variant comes in more color options and the size is just a little better at taking care of those big "oops" moments 

Thanks CC,.. the universal LED dimmer,.. worked great!,.. :woo: I truly hated those damn pulsating blue lights. 

I'm glad my advanced hardware knowledge and experience as a PC technician has been able to help.  :woot: