Kingston SSD Now 300V 120GB Reviewed

Bosco

Performance-wise speaking, it would have been a good drive if it were released one and half years ago.

The Kingston SSD Now drives have never been number 1 in speed but they're still awesome drives and reliable, I have an older generation in my HTPC and it's been great to me. If I put a "faster" SSD in there, I doubt I'd see much of an improvement, and it wouldn't be worth the money (got a sweet deal of $1/GB on my Kingston back when SSDs were like $2/GB)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Its an entry level SSD that does well for its price point. Its got a reliable controller low cost MLC NAND and is much faster than a mechanical drive. Coming from a mechanical drive the performance up tick is huge.  

I think its a solid Entry to mid level SSD. SOme people are just trying to extent the life of their desktops and laptops by doing siple upgrades. This would be one of the best options. Even gamers can benefit from this SSD with breaking the bank. In Real world usage they will be very please in the speed increase.

Great in depth review.

Yes, it is good as Entry level SSD, and may be for the beginners of SSD.

That's what it's intended to be. It's a way to get into the world of SSDs without going over budget or to help give new life to an older system, like others have said. For what it is, it performs very well and gets the job done without costing an arm and a leg.