Overcloking i7-3770K on Gigabyte Z77X-UP7

Erosannin

I'd like to know if some of you guys know the proper settings to overclock my 3770K to at least 4.8GHz (I'd like to reach 5.0GHz) on my Z77X-UP7.

Thanks

P.S.: I'm not used to Gigabyte's Bios

• 3 weeks later...

You can't just ask for settings. Follow an OC guide if you don't know the steps. No two chips are the same and certainly nobody can give you settings for such a high OC.

Do you even have the kind of cooling needed for that high of an overclock? Water, of the non-AIO type, is definitely in the cards.

Ero - unlikely to happen without pretty significant voltage and resulting thermal problems.  As Waco said you'll need serious cooling and even if you hit 4.8Ghz stable I wouldn't personally run mine there 24/7.

Start with a reasonable goal of 4.4 - 4.5Ghz and work your way up from there.  The following settings are from a UD5H board, but should get you in the ball park.  Now keep in mind that I'm using dynamic VID - so if you want to set a static cpu voltage core it will likely take somewhere between 1.15 and 1.20 vcore to get you to 4.4 - 4.5Ghz.  From there you'll need to start bumping the vcore for additional cpu frequency.

On that board you'll need something like this to hit 4.4Ghz;

ScreenHunter_07 Dec. 07 00.34.jpg

ScreenHunter_08 Dec. 07 00.35.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I can't get 4.5GHz stable on the UP7 with less than 1.365VCore.

I followed a guide and there is no way to get that motherboard to post with 4.6GHz at ANY VCore.

My extremely cheap ASRock Z77-Pro3 is able to stabilise 4.7GHz with 1.355VCore.

My cooling seems to be perfectly fine actually (Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro with 2 extreme performance fans).

Highest Core Idle is like 29 degrees and on full load reaches like 72