Red Alert 2 In a Window

Tylosis

Hey all, I was sifting through my old games recently, and came across Red Alert 2. I have a very large monitor so the game running at 1024 x 768 looks like utter crap...

Does anyone know if I can run the game in a window? If so, how?

I've played other games where you can manually set it to windowed by adding -w to the command line for the shortcut, but for Red Alert 2 it didn't work...

I have a very large monitor so the game running at 1024 x 768 looks like utter crap...

Does anyone know if I can run the game in a window? If so, how?

Have you tried resolutions more suitable for you?

I'm running it in somewhat weird resolution (actually 1152*864, but you can try whatever resolution is supported by your setup.), but then again... I don't have huge monitor. :P

Edit your RA.INI (while game is not running) and put desired resolution there - See highlighted part:

[Video]

ScreenWidth=1152

ScreenHeight=864

StretchMovies=no

Changing resolution settings in game will affect this, so editing .INI directly is only way to make game using resolutions not already available in game settings.

I don't know if any direct way to run it in window even exist, but if you have enough horsepower to waste and nothing else works, you can run it in a sort of window... of virtual PC. :rolleyes:

Your doing better than me, I can't get it to run period. Ever since I upgraded to this rig. Did you do anything or just not have any problems with the game?

Not working at all? Not even in compatibility mode? Weird.

Happens to me too, if I try to run it while in dual monitor mode, but I can live witt it.

Have you tried resolutions more suitable for you?

I'm running it in somewhat weird resolution (actually 1152*864, but you can try whatever resolution is supported by your setup.), but then again... I don't have huge monitor. :P

Edit your RA.INI (while game is not running) and put desired resolution there - See highlighted part:

[Video]

ScreenWidth=1152

ScreenHeight=864

StretchMovies=no

Changing resolution settings in game will affect this, so editing .INI directly is only way to make game using resolutions not already available in game settings.

I don't know if any direct way to run it in window even exist, but if you have enough horsepower to waste and nothing else works, you can run it in a sort of window... of virtual PC. :rolleyes:

Well, thanks for that, didn't know about that .ini.

Running it in 1600 x 1200 is good enough now, now to try virtual PC. :)