Minimalist Laptop Stand Reviewed

Nemo

Seems like a pretty cool concept but I'd have to say that after looking at such a design I could make that my self for about $10.

:)

Also if your laptop has a row of buttons (or an optical drive) along the edge of the keyboard where the pressure point is then this could cause issues with those...

Seems like a pretty cool concept but I'd have to say that after looking at such a design I could make that my self for about $10.

:)

Also if your laptop has a row of buttons (or an optical drive) along the edge of the keyboard where the pressure point is then this could cause issues with those...

I didn't immediately think of that since the MacBook Pro has neither of those issues. It appears that the guy who designed it also has a MacBook, so I guess LaTosta should be happy that it went to me :lol:.

I didn't immediately think of that since the MacBook Pro has neither of those issues. It appears that the guy who designed it also has a MacBook, so I guess LaTosta should be happy that it went to me :lol:.

looks to me like you had to sacrifice either the DVI out or the ethernet port...

Could probably make something similar with a couple of coat hangers. :lol:
:withstupid: This should have definitely received the "WT.F. were they thinking?" award

looks to me like you had to sacrifice either the DVI out or the ethernet port...

If I used that on my laptop, I wouldn't have access to my dvd drive. FAIL!

Most laptops these days have all their ports and whatnot on the sides, rather than the back like in the olden days. Maybe this product would have been barely okay ten years ago...now, it's utter garbage.

It has to be the oddest looking thing I have ever seen. At the sametime I guess if you were a big letter writer or something it would have its benefits and as Kevin pointed out the size. You can fit them anywhere where as a big cooler might be a pain to lug around I understand the concept but the looks of it and the way its done is just a little odd to me :lol:

I don't think the fact that it blocks the side ports is a big deal. How often do you need to open the CD tray on your laptop? I mean it's not like the stands aren't removable, so once the CD is inserted you can put it right back on the stand. I think most of the time people don't use those ports on the go and that seems to be what this thing is aimed at. Portability.

Without a price it's tough to judge but for a reasonable price I think it's a cool, cheap portable solution. Not for everyone, but it'd certainly have its uses.

For those wondering here's a review that points out more of the possible issues with the product, and most of the other reviews I glanced at on the net actually linked to the website where you can buy the "stand." (it's also on Amazon)

Personally +1 to them to making such a simple product that works as intended. It's simple, but works. Though for the money, I'll stick to putting the bottle caps from 2L Mt Dews under the feet on my Gateway :D