Water Cooling Kit from AMA Tested

Nemo

I liked your review but the temps seemed a little high for this watercooling kit. I noticed that the waterblock orientation may have been off. I thought the outlet barb on the block was supposed to be at the top to let out trapped air.

I liked your review but the temps seemed a little high for this watercooling kit. I noticed that the waterblock orientation may have been off. I thought the outlet barb on the block was supposed to be at the top to let out trapped air.

The system is still installed so I'll check this out :)

cool or should I say warm. I have about the same setup as this system but my temps are much lower.

Phenom II 720 BE @ 3.4ghz

D TEK FUSION Waterblock

3/8 hose

Dander Den Black Ice GT Stelth 240 X Flow Radiator.

Thermaltake Pump/Res.

The waterloop goes from the pump to the rad to the block and back to the pump. At the time of this writing the proc is sitting at 18oC and gets to about 22oC under load.

It might be the 95W proc or the rad and block are REALLY good. I just figured that this system would perform better even on the proc in the system you tested with.

Are you sure the software you're using to measure temperatures is accurate? 18C even at idle sounds a bit low unless your room temperature is incredibly low as well. And like Bosco said, i7 run much hotter - their TDP is 130W

I will give testing another shot tonight using the fans on 12V instead

Are you sure the software you're using to measure temperatures is accurate? 18C even at idle sounds a bit low unless your room temperature is incredibly low as well. And like Bosco said, i7 run much hotter - their TDP is 130W

I will give testing another shot tonight using the fans on 12V instead

I have the phenom II 720 too and idle temps are 16c at stock speed on air. overclocked to 3.7 idle is still 20c, full load is 40c!! Room temp is 22c. I am very pleased and amazed at the temps of this processor even if it hits an overclock wall at 3.7.. I also have the i7 920 and have to say the thing I hate the most about this cpu is the temps.. Idle at stock is 28c-30c full load is 50c-53c. Overclocked to 4.0 temps are 36c-38c load are 63-64c on water with the the swiftech gtz block

Edited by Water_Hazard

I understand the PII-720 runs cooler, but sub-ambient temperatures with water is impossible

Water_hazard: your results are in line with what we've been seeing on i7

Edited by Zertz