2500K No Tweak Overclocks

VaporX

I am just curious of what others have hit with thew 2500K without tweaking. What I mean is do nothing but the multiplier bump, no voltage no nothing but that multiplier, how high did you get? I got to 4.1 GHz before I had to bump stuff.

Edited by ComputerEd

To be fair, you might want to ask what motherboard people also have, Ed. Each manufacturer and type of motherboard handles default settings slightly differently, which will affect the overclockability of the i5 2500K more than the overclocking ability of the CPU itself.

4.2Ghz multiplier change to 42 and XMP Profile enabled so RAM automatically ran at speed and timings.

Oops sorry CE - just noticed you were specific to the 2500K and no way to edit my response without leaving something in there................ sorry about that.

I'm running 2700K with Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD4

I ran 4.5GHz for a few months with xmp then blue screened from an unrelated issues and was too lazy to change the multiplier again after defaulting the bios :lol: he'll not even sure if I am running xmp atm.

Will put a proper 4.5 maybe 4.6GHz OC on it after the next case clean before it is set folding again.