Apple Store Racism? You decide

sdy284

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dem Mac store employees is racis'. Fo' sho'.

Of course there are two sides to every story, but if it really went down like the guy said, those employees were a little too quick to set up a perimeter defense in the store because a black guy asked to buy a product... at the register...

Well technically thats profiling and profiling isn't always racism....maybe they have had a lot of thefts lately? Maybe the thefts were by a black guy matching the guys description? It seems very odd that store individuals would target someone like that for no reason. Hey I hate Mac so I have no reason to take their side.....just my point of view and my $0.02.

Well technically thats profiling and profiling isn't always racism....maybe they have had a lot of thefts lately? Maybe the thefts were by a black guy matching the guys description? It seems very odd that store individuals would target someone like that for no reason. Hey I hate Mac so I have no reason to take their side.....just my point of view and my $0.02.

uhm.

Racial profiling is the inclusion of racial or ethnic characteristics in determining whether a person is considered likely to commit a particular type of crime or an illegal act or to behave in a "predictable" manner.

black guy = assumed he's going to steal = racial profiling

saying black men are stealing lately = being nervous around any black man = racial profiling

..you crazy poloc :lol:

if this wasn't a city that had a HUGE african american population I could maybe understand. but this is just people too wealthy and trendy to be able to function properly right in society.

if you need someone to tell you how to be trendy like everyone else identically,

move to LA, get a MAC, and buy a cookie cutter house so you can be identical to every other lame idiot that has money and no actual sense of individuality

uhm.

black guy = assumed he's going to steal = racial profiling

..you crazy poloc :lol:

if this wasn't a city that had a HUGE african american population I could maybe understand. but this is just people too wealthy and trendy to be able to function properly right in society.

if you need someone to tell you how to be trendy like everyone else identically,

move to LA, get a MAC, and buy a cookie cutter house so you can be identical to every other lame idiot that has money and no actual sense of individuality

No, no, no...you misunderstood me. :)

I didn't say racial profiling. I said profiling. There is a big difference. I meant it in the sense that if they have had recent thefts and he matches the description of the perp then they have a valid reason to be cautious. If this was based only on the fact that he was black then thats another story. The Dave Chappelle stand up comes to mind...."Yeah were looking for a black male between the ages of 15 and 50, approximate height is between 4' and 7'.....ect". :)

Edited by krazypoloc

Anyone saying they are in a hurry or acting in a hurry raises a red flag. Sure most of time they aren't there to cause any harm other than the fact they are in a hurry. However, sometimes they are in a hurry to rob you :P

In any event, I think the important thing is that we all know now to say "forerunner" as many times as possible on our next trips to the Apple Store.

jeez, what did he expect? practically everything in those mac stores is white.

i have received similarly poor treatment in the apple store, but i suppose that's due to the fact that i usually walk in spitting and cursing, and i dress like i'm poor.