Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer VS Noctua NH-D14

Hey there , i really can't decide betweeen these two ( Thermaltake Water 2.0 perofmer and Noctua NH-d14) the thermaltake performs better than the noctua keeping cpu cooler , doesnt put a strain on the motherboard and is really quiet , it's in the same price range with the noctua BUT thing is i haven't seen anyone actually having installed it in his PC rig ! So what are your suggestions?Also does anyone know whether the Thermaltake policy refunds damaged hardware pieces in case of the cooler leaking? cheers

As a user of D-14, I should say, it is real quiet.

And talking about the refund policy of thermaltake, I think you should email them or post the question in their forum. I"m yet to come across a single leaking case with thermaltake coolers.

I'm sure Thermaltake has a refund policy for the cooler leaking, but the Noctua NH-D14 will be cooler, and quieter.

I've read quite a lot of reviews , the Thermaltake runs 2-5 degress cooler in the benchmarks and is 1-3DB quieter than the noctua on mid setting VS the noctua that was on full throttle

Did you buy your thermaltake from there online store or from a local store?

Actually im gonna buy the Thermaltake from an online shop :)

As a user of D-14, I should say, it is real quiet.

And talking about the refund policy of thermaltake, I think you should email them or post the question in their forum. I"m yet to come across a single leaking case with thermaltake coolers.

I've already emailed them and i was pretty surprised that they responded almost immediately , im still waiting for a response on this matter as they redirected me to another department :)

I've read quite a lot of reviews , the Thermaltake runs 2-5 degress cooler in the benchmarks and is 1-3DB quieter than the noctua on mid setting VS the noctua that was on full throttle

Doesn't seem like it in this reviews: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermaltake_water20_performer_pro/4.htm

The performer isn't going to be as good as the Corsair H80, and I have the Corsair H80 that replaced the Noctua NH-D14 on my LAN rig. The 2600K overclocked to 4.6GHz the Noctua on load got up to 75C while the H80 got up to 79C. That's with both using the same Noctua NF-P12 fans in push/pull but with the Noctua NH-D14 using 7V adapters (900RPM's) while the Corsair H80 used no adapters (1200RPM's).

When AIO coolers get hot during load, it's much harder to dissipate heat fast enough, especially with a 120.1 radiator. The Pro is much better than the Performer, and the Extreme is the equivalent of the Corsair H100 (possibly even better).

I would personally go with the ALC. I find them to be better in just about all respects. That's just me. As for damages caused by a leak... I guess you'll have to find that out from the manufacturer themselves. I've never heard of them leaking but that isn't to say it can't happen.

Edited by Skidmarks

Doesn't seem like it in this reviews: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermaltake_water20_performer_pro/4.htm

The performer isn't going to be as good as the Corsair H80, and I have the Corsair H80 that replaced the Noctua NH-D14 on my LAN rig. The 2600K overclocked to 4.6GHz the Noctua on load got up to 75C while the H80 got up to 79C. That's with both using the same Noctua NF-P12 fans in push/pull but with the Noctua NH-D14 using 7V adapters (900RPM's) while the Corsair H80 used no adapters (1200RPM's).

When AIO coolers get hot during load, it's much harder to dissipate heat fast enough, especially with a 120.1 radiator. The Pro is much better than the Performer, and the Extreme is the equivalent of the Corsair H100 (possibly even better).

I'm doing some really mild overclocking , and i really hate all the dust that my CM V8 is gathering at the momment ( really i have to clean this beast every 3 weeks) , plus when my 670's sli arrive the strain on the mobo will be huge if i choose to go with the noctua , these are the two main reasons i go for water cooling ( dust and weight on mobo ) and it appears the Performer is the quitest and cheapest watercooler that matches the NH-D14's performance :)

^^ If you are not interested in doing huge overclocking to the processor, IMO, you should stick to D14. Its quiet, runs cool, performs almost close to any pre-filled closed loop liquid cooler and above all, no risk of leaking.

^^ If you are not interested in doing huge overclocking to the processor, IMO, you should stick to D14. Its quiet, runs cool, performs almost close to any pre-filled closed loop liquid cooler and above all, no risk of leaking.

Hmmm , on second thought i may as well go for the Noctua ^^ , just got two questions : 1) isn't it all to heavy for the motherboard given that will be running two 670s in SLI? 2) Any effective ways of cleaning the dust off of these coolers? :D Cause so far my Coolermaster V8 is a really b*tch to clean :glare:

1. Heavy? No way. Motherboard can handle them easily. :P

2. After removing the cooler from motherboard, use blower to clean the dust out of the cooling tower. Remove both of the fans and after that clean them use one of the many available methods.

You have asked about the weight issue more than once, Do you move your machine around or transport it a lot? Most motherboards are still technically rated for around 450g or less I believe.

I would not go with the Noctua if you do because it's almost 1300g with fans. if not, what d6 said.