Looking for $300 video card to play Crysis 3 on maximum settings.

Stealth3si

Concerning the lazy vs. elitist discussion, both sides are right. I cannot tell you how many forums I go to each day and see someone posting a question about this part or that and the question is one where the answer is EASY to find. By the same token the role of communities such as this is to promote this hobby and help people discover more of it. With this in mind a simple response of Google is your friend is not a polite or useful comment to make and is a waste of everyone's time as well as insulting to the person asking the question. Now I am guilty of having done this from time to time as well so I am slapping myself as much as anyone else.

At the same time we need to encourage people to look up information for themselves. In terms of the original question posted....

Currently, which is the better card out of these three cards in terms of cooler, PCB, temps, noise and price?

This is a very broad and generally unanswerable question for most people because it means an intimate knowledge of all three cards. This is an unrealistic expectation to ask for on the forum. A better response might have been as follows.

While I do not have experience with all three of those cards I can state that my experience with a Dual X 7950 has been very positive with it overclocking nicely and running very cool and quiet. As for pricing my best advice is to head over the Amazon or Newegg yourself and look at current pricing. Sales will run often so stating a best price is not really possible until the day of purchase.

I think the reason for the google comment is actually pretty clear from the nature of the question. The OP obviously has quite a bit of tech knowledge and the very broad nature of the question is such that it is clear they are looking for an easy one stop answer, so lazy does apply. However at the same time we should always strive to be polite and helpful, one of the things I love about this community. I would say a good rule of thumb is, if you think the person asking is just being lazy, ignore the thread. However I think a measure response that provides a limited answer and directs them to find some of the answers themselves is a better solution.

Concerning the lazy vs. elitist discussion, both sides are right. I cannot tell you how many forums I go to each day and see someone posting a question about this part or that and the question is one where the answer is EASY to find. By the same token the role of communities such as this is to promote this hobby and help people discover more of it. With this in mind a simple response of Google is your friend is not a polite or useful comment to make and is a waste of everyone's time as well as insulting to the person asking the question. Now I am guilty of having done this from time to time as well so I am slapping myself as much as anyone else.

Its completely wrong. Simply because if someone googles  that same question and end up in that thread, what use is a google/bing is your friend answer ? You'd be surprised by how common that is, along with those stupid LMGTFY links. Regardless of question complexity, it should be answered properly or at least they should be pointed in the right direction.