AMD Finally Feeling the G(e)Force?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time.

From what I am hearing through contacts the green team is out selling AMD 3 to 1.

Good move for AMD, now if they could only fix their driver issues :rolleyes:

Good move for AMD, now if they could only fix their driver issues :rolleyes:

I have been with AMD since the X800, and would have definitely considered myself an AMD fanboy over the past 7 years. But, this is really the single biggest reason I switched over :whistling:

From what I am hearing through contacts the green team is out selling AMD 3 to 1.

well, I dont think those numbers are necessarily their high end products since pretty much every retailer is still out of stock on the 680

and I dont think the demand for 500$ video cards necessarily out strips demand of all the lower tiers

nvidia fan boys have been around a long time, I wouldn't read into it too much

anyway, i still want my 7870

prices did drop 10 or 20$ but not the msrp yet

besides, I need to wait for AMD drivers to stabilize a month or two

I want the XFX 7870 and they are giving away two free games with it but I dont really want another version of dirt

I have been with AMD since the X800, and would have definitely considered myself an AMD fanboy over the past 7 years. But, this is really the single biggest reason I switched over :whistling:

yep, i have had their 5770, 6970, another 6970, another 6970, and now two 7770s, and my crashing problem with the 7770s is still as bad as ever.

and the store wont let me return the cards as the hardware itself is fine, its the driver that is the issue, so i am stuck with them until i get some 680s/7970s/685s

on that topic, with 2-3 cards, underwater, overclocked and in eyefinity/surround, what wins at high resolutions and maxed aa/af/settings?

Guest Black gold saw.

Driver reliability has nothing to do with single card systems. Only in SLI or CrossfireX does it set them apart.

The only driver issues I have ever had with ATI was when I got my 4850, and that was only when hooking it up to my HDTV. I have no issues with a 6310 now, even running on Linux!

With that being said..... :wub: NVIDIA.