American Airlines

cirro

all i want is to band together with people worldwide for a giant "hah-hah" against american airlines

airline companies IMO have almost done everything they could to make flying completely un-enjoyable

this is what happens when you take so many dumps on your customers, nobody cares when you get flusheeeed yourself

• Like 2

Bad weather in Chicago last night, 2 hour delay with AA both incoming and outgoing, but at least I'm back home.

you should of PM'd me. i could of came up there and did a little dance of something and entertained you.

im always looking for an excuse to go to compusa/microcenter :popcorn:

All the flying I have done in the past few years has been Jet Blue or Southwest. Except for two job interviews where my tickets were just e-mailed to me to print out, I believe those were both American. Experience wasn't too bad for those flights.

Though I did have a ~3 delay for Jet Blue once due to "inclement weather," which in this case means the President was flying into Logan from DC and they wouldn't let normal people into the airspace.

They're better than AirTran and Quantas in my experience.

qantas are having alot of issues with the workforce being unhappy getting paid %50 more than the other workers for other airlines, so they are going on huge strikes etc

To be perfectly honest, not only AA sucks, United and Delta suck just as much! Only Continental is somewhat bearable for long haul flights (Europa --> USA), but if at all possible, I will fly Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, Emirates or Air Canada. On a long haul flight, it's the small things that make you happy, the food on United was absolutely disgusting last time I flew with them. Comparably, when I flew to Hongkong with Emirates, the food was like a restaurant, it was actually quite good considering you were on an airplane!

AA, United and Delta are like the budget airlines in Europe in terms of comfort, I'm thinking AirBerlin, Germanwings, Cityjet, Transavia and such, but for the price of a regular airline like Lufthansa...

I haven't flown American Airlines but I think the airlines are digging their own graves.

Charging extra fees for everything the airline can think of is just ridiculous.....

I was a big fan of Midwest Airlines, but living in Milwaukee (their home base) they always offered better service here... After they merged with Frontier I started flyng Frontier more and more. They are pretty good, they have some crazy charges, but offer other services like their "stretch" setting which is basically a cheaper form of business class for only like an extra $20. I pay the little extra when I am flying more than 1-2 hours, as being tall like me I get cramped in the seats.

I think the airlines need to start focusing on quality over quantity. It seems so many of them just want to herd people into steel tubes like cattle. We need to go back to the golden age of flying. When people were actually excited and it was a big deal to fly imo...

This applies to a lot of businesses these days. The US is moving into a information and service economy. We want a high quality of customer service.

My aunt just moved to Australia and her flight was almost canceled because of the Quantas strikes... I haven't flown them yet, but from what she says its average flying at best....

They need to stop with the stupid charges, increase comfort, and worry about service if they do that in a way where people can afford it then they will become profitable again...

Edited by greengiant912