System at stock not stable

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume I have the 95W since CPUz says TDP is 109W with TurboCore on and 101W with it disabled.

Uninstall HWmonitor, CPUz and the asrock thing?

*Edit*

I don't see the option to modify the NB voltage or the NB/CPU voltage, just a chipset voltage from 1.262 -1.344V

Worker failed within minutes...

You can leave HWMonitor and CPUz installed.  Just uninstall the ASRock OCTuner as we are making changes manually in the BIOS and don't want the ASRock OCTuner conflicting or over-riding anything.

Also, for consistency sake, please download CPUz version 1.54 and use it instead of the version you're running right now.  I've got some old benchmark results from a 95W 1055T and I was using CPUz version 1.54.

Open up CPUz then fire up Prime and capture a CPUz screenshot of your cpu voltage under load.

I need to know what your cpu voltage is under heavy load.  From the pictures above it looks like your cpu voltage is dropping to 1.20v under load.

I pulled a copy of your owners manual, and you're right, there aren't many voltage control options available.  That is unfortunate..................

When grabbing CPUz screenshots, please share pics showing the CPU tab, the Memory tab and the SPD tab.

Thanks.

@ Wev,

Do you want me to put the voltage control back to auto? 1.2 was the stock voltage when on auto, atm it's 1.35 from yesterdays test.

@ confuzzedintel guy

Any recommendations?

Also, what Prime95 version should I use? The latest one 27.9 displays 'optimized for K10 architecture' whereas 25.7(I think) doesn't

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Dan, any version of Prime that supports multi-core testing is fine.  Pick your poison   :)

Manually drop your cpu voltage down to 1.25v

Manually set your chipset voltage to 1.31v

Don't forget the CPUz screen shots once you start your torture testing  :)

Do you have a digital multimeter?

Yes, the Fluke is perfect.

First find open leads to the 12v, 5v and 3.3v rails on your power supply.  We are going to measure the voltage rails under load and confirm that they are within spec. (might help identify a faulty power supply).

Since you have a Fluke I'm going to assume that you know how to measure voltage   :)

Each of the three voltage rails should be within +/- 5% of the nominal value.

If you're unsure how to identify what wires are what (or even how to check the voltage rails) there is a very good guide here;

Testing Your Power Supply Voltage Rails