Who wants to make a UDK Game?

ir_cow

UPDATE: Project has been restarted and is currently running. The few major changes some of you might see A) Story has been developed already B) Must be apply o the jobs, they are no longer 100% open to avoid people who aren't really committed. Finally C) forums are now open to everyone with a hidden/locked section for "The Team" for project sharing.

Feel free to check out the website Lets Create A Game ! This project, while conceived on OCC has become much bigger (With a good solid year of planning) and I hope to see some of you old OCC faces back on board.

Also Please PM me with any questions, though an email may be faster.

community

Edited by hornybluecow

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be glad to test it for bugs. Been doing that on Mini Ninja and one of the Hitman Games, both by IO Interactive :) Other than that, I have no experience with those kind of things.

i'm glad people are interested! anyways i think the next step is to start a IRC channel and maybe a small website (down the road) directly related to our project.

second up i was doing a lot reading and i think i jumped the gun a little, the UDK (Unreal Development kit) it a much better choice since importing objects and using them fully is much easier and integrated. any objections on using UDK instead?

third, start to brain storm on what you like to play, what others think is fun and of course what role you might in the development process.

i'm going to look into finding a way to host a dedicated IRC channel and free web hosting (for now) and we can really start to brain storm. like i said to others this isn't a overnight project and everyone here is doing it on there own time so it's going to take some time to really get this going. but like always everyone input is welcome because we need diversity.

This project sounds interesting but im afraid i couldn't provide anything technical to it. I haven't the slightest idea about either engine(or engines in general) and i only know web languages. I do have a bit of photoshop, but thats about it. I could bug test though, but thats not really much use starting out.

Still i will keep an eye out and see where i can contribute.

You can probably message Dariuas for help on the IRC stuff, I think he is the one that manages the OCC IRC channel.

No complaints about switching to UDK, not sure what role I want to take on this. Honestly I didn't take this too seriously when I posted before so I'm going to have to think about it for a little while.

This project sounds interesting but im afraid i couldn't provide anything technical to it. I haven't the slightest idea about either engine(or engines in general) and i only know web languages. I do have a bit of photoshop, but thats about it. I could bug test though, but thats not really much use starting out.

Same here. No coding experience to speak of, but would gladly help with bug testing. Will also help with any story or the basic premise of the game too. It's not much, but sadly that's the best I can offer.

Same here. No coding experience to speak of, but would gladly help with bug testing. Will also help with any story or the basic premise of the game too. It's not much, but sadly that's the best I can offer.

I don't know for sure but I don't think there is any coding involved with UDK. From what I can tell it's actually somewhat similar to gmod even.

I recommend checking out

and seeing what UDK is like, it's just basics but I'm assuming it's all like that and there really isn't any coding to be done? Still unsure myself, that's literally all I've seen so far for myself actually. :lol:

Edit: So if anyone here does have any interest in being on the UDK development part of things, I might also be interested in it, it definitely looks like it could be fun to learn, although I'm uncertain if I can learn it.

Edited by Deathmineral

I recommend checking out

and seeing what UDK is like, it's just basics but I'm assuming it's all like that and there really isn't any coding to be done? Still unsure myself, that's literally all I've seen so far for myself actually. :lol:

Coding is required if you actually want to run a game. You can't just drag and drop, and copy/paste your way through this. UDK handles the graphics, physics, and AI, but the coder actually needs to write in the code for shooting, movement, etc. The coder even needs to make sure the things UDK handles works correctly or how the designer wants.