The Official Duel Thread

El_Capitan

I might be interested in dueling someone in stock trim and then again with a full on OC going. Would be a cool way to see the real performance changes from OCing and I already know I'm not gonna be beating any records :P

Ill do a double duel against you! One all stock, another all OC'd evilgrin.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could join me and Nyt's duel for a 3-way duel. :P

Nyt will kill us, but it'd be interesting to see how the HD 6970's in Crossfire do, since anyone considering buying two of the GTX 570/580 will consider buying two of the HD 6950/6970's.

If you do, just agree on the benchmarks or add in your own with some settings changes. We'll all need to be able to run the same benchmarks with the same resolution and settings.

I'm cool with that! I will go over to the other thread and see what benchmarks are up already. I should have some time next week to get some benching in, due to finals/final projects. So count me in :thumbsup:

If your willing to duel with with just 1x 6970. Ill duel you! But i dont see much point in dueling a single 570 against 2x 6970's! Lol

Merc, when I get some time to change my hardware around I will def take you up on this :cheers:

I might be interested in dueling someone in stock trim and then again with a full on OC going. Would be a cool way to see the real performance changes from OCing and I already know I'm not gonna be beating any records :P

BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we got a duel! I will be benching this weekend though. Luckily the gf is going out of town so I will have enough time to reinstall windowz, bench @ stock, then OC the piss out of it, bench @ OCed. I'm anxious to see what this rig can do. It already feels blazingly fast compared to my AthlonXP rig that got me through college, so for the $600 or so I have in it I can't complain! :P

Sounds good. One of you should start your duel thread and figure out what benchmarks you're going to use.

We're currently working all of that out...I just hope i can get my CPU high enough to compete with these guys :P

Sounds good. One of you should start your duel thread and figure out what benchmarks you're going to use.

Yup im gonna start the thread today after we hammer out the Benchmark details.

We're currently working all of that out...I just hope i can get my CPU high enough to compete with these guys :P

Good luck with that.... your gonna need that CPU at its best against me, MUAHAHAHAHA(maniacal laughter)

Yup im gonna start the thread today after we hammer out the Benchmark details.

Good luck with that.... your gonna need that CPU at its best against me, MUAHAHAHAHA(maniacal laughter)

I have access to some ridiculous cooling if needed...lab on campus has LN2 MWAHAHAHAHA! (not that I could use it, but still pretty fun to think about.) I'll be shooting for 4GHz on the 1055T, but my mobo may hold me back. That is the next thing I am upgrading since I have some DDR3 laying around to use later on...we should do a rematch after I get a new mobo if you completely destroy me haha