Convincing someone to not buy Alien Ware.

TCcomputers29

Alienware V Custom  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Alienware (dell)
    • Custom (specs in post)

are you saying that from first hand experience? probably not...or a BEATS owner :lol:

when I used BEATS, they sounded a bit distorted, a bit muffled....talking from a musician's perspective...

but Bose sounded clear, brilliant range, and great bass...

and don't forget that they cost a fraction of the price

and comfort...they are both comfortable...before, I used to hate in-ear headphones, because I had tried all my friends (cheap) in-ear headphones. And they would hurt my ears, then after 5mins I would have to take them out. but the IE2s are probably the most comfortable headphones I ever used...the BEATS likewise are very comfortable..but the price and the performace are the reasons I won't get a pair...

The IE2s are a good set overpriced in aus at $150 and up unless you try somewhere like sleezebay.

Other Bose speakers all the 2.1 and 5.1 sets their wave docks while good quality ain't super fantastic for the prices often tacked on them like beasts they cruise on a name without trying to really all out better themselves or lower prices.

I like IE2s still prefer my crappy cx 300-IIs and would never touch one of their wave docks unless it was given as a gift.

The IE2s are a good set overpriced in aus at $150 and up unless you try somewhere like sleezebay.

Other Bose speakers all the 2.1 and 5.1 sets their wave docks while good quality ain't super fantastic for the prices often tacked on them like beasts they cruise on a name without trying to really all out better themselves or lower prices.

I like IE2s still prefer my crappy cx 300-IIs and would never touch one of their wave docks unless it was given as a gift.

I can agree...some of their stuff is very costly, but sometimes the quality is worth it...

kinda like a Mac :lol:

I can agree...some of their stuff is very costly, but sometimes the quality is worth it...

kinda like a Mac :lol:

Nothing from Bose is worth buying. You can always get something far superior for the same or less money.

Nothing from Bose is worth buying. You can always get something far superior for the same or less money.

being a music man, I have heard many speakers, hi-fi systems, headphones etc. and I can tell you...not much can measure up to Bose's audio quality..

and so according to your statment I can go and get some far better headphones then my IE2s for $90...so what the equivilent(in-ear)? for under $90 that is far better than the IE2s....im all ears ;)

being a music man, I have heard many speakers, hi-fi systems, headphones etc. and I can tell you...not much can measure up to Bose's audio quality..

and so according to your statment I can go and get some far better headphones then my IE2s for $90...so what the equivilent(in-ear)? for under $90 that is far better than the IE2s....im all ears ;)

Ttry out the CX 300-IIs and the Klipsch S4s and in aus those IE2s are around $150 while the senns and klipsch in ears I just mentioned are in the $70-100 bracket depending on sale or no. However personal preference is another thing to me I like the sound signature of my senns and even though I have a pair of S4s and have used IE2s and enjoyed both I still stick with my crappy senns :lol:

I don't profess to have used everything but I am always walking through stores ipod in hand and senns round my neck to make comparisons almost always being disappointed by all cans regardless of brand with out a dedicated DAC/amp it is hard to hear their potential. I always want something better and clearer :D

beats headphones are purely marketing. yes they sound better than $10 headphones because they can produce (some bass) but not worth $200. really they are named beats because they internally boost the bass which doesn't equal quality it makes some bass sounds come out rather than be felt. get some decent sennhiser headphones for $70 and be amazed on how much better they sound over beats.

on a side note, sound and vision did a headphone comparison and beats failed every test lol, okay bass (60hz), drop off at 10khz for highs. sennhiser was able to get down to 60hz also and just barely under 20khz for highs. $200 vs $70. The other headphones ranged from $400 to 1,000 and they did alot better but waay outside the price range.

okay bass (60hz), drop off at 10khz for highs. sennhiser was able to get down to 60hz also and just barely under 20khz for highs.

This bit here is why I dislike cans :-/

In ear

sennhiser cx 300-II: 19 - 21000 Hz, 113 dB (rocking them with a bit of Tarja Turunen right now :) first decent pair of in ears I have got and try as I might haven't left)

klipsch s4: 10 – 19000 Hz, 110 dB (they were nice definately but they were different and it bugged me)

bose IE2s: unknown (however so many reviews finish with "audiophiles will be disappointed" :lol: included for il neapolitano)

beats ahahhahahhahahahhahah had to put this here Powerbeats by Dr. Dre given an average 2.9 out of 5 rating by 336 reviews

cans

sennhiser 480 II: 18 - 22000 Hz, 94 dB (I loved these things pity they are dead (accidentally but them under one of my towers when I was moving things around in my room :cry:) as much as I loved them their base was just not there in terms of the spl at those low frequencies, I hate all my other cans they aren't worth mentioning :pfp:)

Monster Beats By Dr Dre Solo HD Headphones: 20 -20000 Hz, 115db (their top line cans and while it killed my 480s in base it frankly failed in every other part of sound quality and clarity, comfortable aesthetics personal...I disliked it haha and $300AUD no thanks.)

cans

sennhiser 480 II: 18 - 22000 Hz, 94 dB (I loved these things pity they are dead (accidentally but them under one of my towers when I was moving things around in my room :cry:) as much as I loved them their base was just not there in terms of the spl at those low frequencies, I hate all my other cans they aren't worth mentioning :pfp:)

Monster Beats By Dr Dre Solo HD Headphones: 20 -20000 Hz, 115db (their top line cans and while it killed my 480s in base it frankly failed in every other part of sound quality and clarity, comfortable aesthetics personal...I disliked it haha and $300AUD no thanks.)

I had the Detox Limited Edition and although I can't say that I'm and audiophile, it's one of the best cans I've known.. But the price doesn't justify it at all and with the weight, it hurts your ears overtime.

And, why have this thread changed into a Beats Audio thread? :P

P.S Anyone know if the HD600 is well worth the price? I'm thinking of replacing the Detox for it.. :biggrin:

I had the Detox Limited Edition and although I can't say that I'm and audiophile, it's one of the best cans I've known.. But the price doesn't justify it at all and with the weight, it hurts your ears overtime.

And, why have this thread changed into a Beats Audio thread? :P

P.S Anyone know if the HD600 is well worth the price? I'm thinking of replacing the Detox for it.. :biggrin:

It turned beats cos TC the OP asked :D

With the HD600 I strongly recommend trying out both the HD600 and HD500. You must know that the physical designs of both greatly change their sound signitures. The HD600 aint so good if you have lots of ambient noise or people around that wouldn't appreciate hearing what you hear.

With all headsets you new to try it yourself :)

Oh god on a more serious note tho I do seriously want to sell the card (obviously not at $300) hell I may even consider selling both so he can have a seriously cool (cool and quiet running that is) sli set up both cards are at the I dont know 7 or 8 month birthday now and due to work and school have seen light use let me know what he thinks.

I dont need sli 560s to run hyperspin in a mame cab with a possible second touch screen for a jukebox.

i doubt he would wanna buy a Nvidia GPU...lets say he is more of the "hey is it a ATi Radeon" guy :thumbsup:

he barely knew nvidia existed :mellow:

i doubt he would wanna buy a Nvidia GPU...lets say he is more of the "hey is it a ATi Radeon" guy :thumbsup:

he barely knew nvidia existed :mellow:

Just paint it Red and slip it in, telling him it's an AMD card :lol:

It turned beats cos TC the OP asked :D

With the HD600 I strongly recommend trying out both the HD600 and HD500. You must know that the physical designs of both greatly change their sound signitures. The HD600 aint so good if you have lots of ambient noise or people around that wouldn't appreciate hearing what you hear.

With all headsets you new to try it yourself :)

I'd love to but I don't have the time or the luxury to try them out since almost every stores here doesn't have a 'test unit..