Need help Windows 8 Laptop SSD Install

Renigade

I Apologize for the topic title change  but i was unable to afford to go out and buy a new version of acronis.

So how do I go about installing an SSD into a brand new windows 8 laptop.

I have a 60 GB SSD thats All i want and need for storage.. bought the SSD because Quickbooks customer manager slows down the longer the program runs and i thought this would help speed it up a bit.

(I HAVE NO WINDOWS 8 INSTALL DISK) Windows came preinstalled.

seeing as I cant afford to buy acronis true image and my 2010 version of acronis is not working with the way the OS was installed.

I did not hyjack the other thread because that was a windows 7 question. or should i just have asked there?

I bought a new Lap top for my Business and an SSD for my new Laptop.. I install Acronis True Image home 2010 and when i go to run it i get an error message.

Acronis True Image Home has detected unsupported hard disk drives. Acronis True Image Home does not support windows dynamic disks, ez-drives, etc.

All I am running on this pc is Windows and QuickBooks Customer Manager .

Do i go through the hoops to change guid partition into a MBR?

or

is there another program i can get for free?

or

should i just buy the latest version of acronis?

or

is there an acronis work around or patch for my 2010 version that will allow me to clone my new laptops HDD to a SSD

I dont mind spending the $60 for the newest acronis but if i can avoid it and do it for free money is kind of tight right now.

Edited by Renigade

What brand SSD do you have?  Often the SSD manufacturer offers a free disk imaging solution that you can download from their support website.  Most of them will "ping" your drive to make sure it is "theirs" and then it should be off to the races.

Otherwise you could try something such as Clonezilla.

Do you already have a SSD caddy or some other enclosure to allow you to image directly from your existing disk to your new disk?