Corsair 550D Mid-Tower Case Reviewed

Nemo

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corsair have gone a bit far with their obsidian series IMO.

700D was good, 800D is awesome, 650D is very good at the $190 price tag.

But I can't say the same with 550D. Firstly, thy have diverted from their design. Yes, it is sleek, but front view doesn't give the same eye pleasure as their previous obsidian cases.

Although, its another nice review by you, BP. :thumbsup:

Thanks Panda, great review! I had a forum topic when was choosing a new case regarding this particular one. To tell the truth, temperatures dont really bother me too much, but the looks.. Oooh, so sweet. Going to order one next week. :thx:

Edited by Neebitemnemo

Thanks Panda, great review! I had a forum topic when was choosing a new case regarding this particular one. To tell the truth, temperatures dont really bother me too much, but the looks.. Oooh, so sweet. Going to order one next week. :thx:

hello there

nice review, i'm planning to buy this case and cpu cooler, my question is if there is enough available space in order to add some extra fans on the top of the case and on the side of it too, for example two 1200mm or 1400 on the top and one 2000mm or one or two 1200mm on the side. Please answer me i'm going to order some extra fans if yes

the summer is really hot in my country, Greece, and i need to enable these extra fans via fan controller when this pc is at full load and perfomance comes first and silence second :)

thanks

If you read the review it's pretty clear it can handle 120/140mm fans on the side and the top.

where? it doesn't say for example how many space is available between the noctua u12p se and the top of the case as also between this cooler and the side panel...

The top and side panel both allow for two 120 or 140mm fans each.

The case should allow for coolers that are 160mm tall, but a top fan on the side panel may not work. You wouldn't need the top side panel mount anyway if the cooler is right up next to it. The top of the case can fit standard sized radiators, so there won't be an issue with fans that are 25mm or even 38mm thick.