IVI's 5th Bake (HP dv2700t Part 2)

IVIYTH0S

you have to drain the battery first, then bake it, also when its done baking you will have a fully charged battery, and sometimes you will gain a bit of extra hdd space, about 50 gbs if it works, but no guarantee, it doesnt always give you more gbs 

you have to drain the battery first, then bake it, also when its done baking you will have a fully charged battery, and sometimes you will gain a bit of extra hdd space, about 50 gbs if it works, but no guarantee, it doesnt always give you more gbs 

I dunno about that, I've had about 75GB before on a 750GB drive with a Dell I was working on. Guess it depends on the technique you use. Generally the longer time you put the laptop in the oven, the more capacity the battery gains and the more capacity on the HDD.

Yeah you just need to be careful. Bakes actually raise the stock clocks of the chip, so you really need a decent PSU and you're set :thumbsup:

Only once have I had an issue with the stock clock increasing, and that was when I had a Core 2 Quad running at 4x 6GHz (24GHz!) and that had a 7TB hard disk too. Battery life was about 4 days.

I dunno about that, I've had about 75GB before on a 750GB drive with a Dell I was working on. Guess it depends on the technique you use. Generally the longer time you put the laptop in the oven, the more capacity the battery gains and the more capacity on the HDD.

oh i didnt know it was how long you bake it, but i was always afraid to leave it in to long because it also raises the cpu clock a little and i would think you would have some instabilities if left in too long

I'm guess the reason why I've never seen a difference in battery capacity, processor clocks and storage space is that A. the CPU is requiring more juice, so while the battery life IS increasing, the ACTUAL battery life delta remains the same B. The added storage space is filled up by all the erroneous memory dumps thrown out by the relatively unstable clocks...and the CPU isn't any faster since it throttles down whenever an instability is detected. ;)

*IVIonster :D

No.

IVFlamethrower. :woot:

I\I-/-\-P-/-\-|_-IVI

Haha also how many people dont realise that ivy is really mythos?

Probably like 80% of the newer regulars, it's a rite of passage :D