System Randomly Freezes

DnaAngel

...yes that, but mainly i was referring to raising the vcore some for the new cpu... but if the bios won't go there then that's about it, you've covered all the other bases...out of curiosity, did the other cpu e2200 freeze up too ? , i mean before you changed them out ?

check out the voltage used in this review: ccokeman review

Not an ounce of trouble from the e2200 which was Ocd to 2.8Ghz on this board. Its probably that this board just dosent like the E8400 for whatever reason. Or as wev put it, a fualty USB device ect.

Thank you to everyone that has given feedback.

Ive since changed USB ports, still freezes. Ive replaced all USB devices with others and same issue. Board, ram, cpu, psu ect ect are all under 6 months old.

Sometimes it freezes during boot or shutting down on spashscreen. I think its just a baord that despite the fact it is compatible, there is a issue somewhere on the board probably with the higher voltages and FSB. Kind of like how 2 CPUS dont OC the same. Ive never had this kind of issue especially with a "newer" pc with newer components. This will be the last time i purchase from Biostar, and buy cheap to cut costs. Luckily this was a side project just to tinker with and not important. The PC is usable just freezes up randomly usually when loading things or shutting down.

Edited by DnaAngel